Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just picked up a Auto turbo and its missing the cap that goes over the shift lock release button. I notice on JDM supras it actually looks like a red button but the Toyota parts counter says its a cover and discontinued? Part #33554-14070 does anyone have a usdm supra auto that can confirm there is supposed to be a cover on it and not a button? Also any ideas if any other toyota models use a similar cover that would work Toyota tends to interchange parts alot.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
ive never seen a US supra with the button. all had covers. talk to Allan at Elmhurst, he might be able to get it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give him a call. My Toyota dealer did a nation wide search with no luck. But they said they didn't have any access to whats left in japan. At least i know I'm looking for a cover and not a button now that's at least helpful.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I reached out to him no luck on that part. Discontinued... I'm pretty sure Toyota would have had to have used a simple plug on another car? Anyone have a picture of what this shift lock release cover is supposed to look like. I cant seem to find a decent picture of one. Thanks

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Those are specific to each shifter design. Maybe you can find someone who converted to manual? Most likely you'll have to get the whole shifter assy. Tho

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you talking about the hole/release in front of the shifter?
Yes my car has a little hole there and if i put a screwdriver in there it does release the shifter without keys so i assume it is a cover that its suppose to have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts