Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a toy in the near future and I'm looking for recommendations on auto shippers... I know some people have had horror stories while shipping cars and I'm trying to avoid that if possible. Has anyone had any recent experiences that went well? Thanks in advance!

· Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd prefer closed, but I don't think I'm willing to pay the premium for it. I received a quote from Horseless Carriages for enclosed transportation at ~$1,450 and quotes from a few brokers on open trailers that fall into the $700 range. I'd prefer to deal with the owner/driver of the truck directly, but it looks like the chances of that happening are pretty low at this point.

· Life begins @ 30psi....
3,004 Posts
I have used fed ex passport auto transport with great success in the past. I would use them again in heartbeat!!

Bob

· Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have used fed ex passport auto transport with great success in the past. I would use them again in heartbeat!!

Bob
I have heard some people have had issues with cars sitting in random terminals for weeks on end with Fed Ex auto transport... I'm picky when it comes to selecting stuff like this so I may just have to settle at some point. Fortunately, the car will be coming from the LA area to Dallas which is a pretty heavily traveled route so it should make my situation a little easier.

· I'm ill, not sick
593 Posts
If you treasure your new toy and it's going long distance over a few days to weeks, then you should ship enclosed. I have used Intercity and Thomas Sunday for years without one single issue. I have shipped at least 10 cars from west coast-to-east coast. I like Thomas Sunday the best. They're a small company out of PA that has been around for years. All of the drivers own their rigs and if you ever see them, the pride of ownership shows through. I will never long distance ship open carrier again...learned the hard way. More than 50% of the time, your car will have some type of damage (if you see it or not).

You can't go wrong with Thomas Sunday or Intercity Lines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.