Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am guessing that this has been asked 1000 times before, but I am new to the board so please don't get upset if it has. anyway, How expensive is it to convert from an auto to a 6 speed on the turbos. I have been looking at supras and I have been able to find a lot that I like, but they are all auto's and the 6 speeds are much more expensive it seems. I know that you can put the single turbo on the NA, but I also know that it is expensive. Which would be the better choice? put a single Turbo on the non turbo or get the turbo and convert from auto to manual. Obviously I would prefer a 6 speed to start with, but they are all over 20k :mad: . thanks guys.

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
Of course the best is to wait and find the exact car you are looking for. The price to switch from auto to 6 speed with a used tranny is $7k+, with a new tranny it's $12k+. Check out the tuner web sites for the info...

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
If you can't afford an "over 20k" car you probably won't be able to afford a single turbo conversion or a 6speed conversion. Both of them run over $10,000.

Turbojon said:
I am guessing that this has been asked 1000 times before, but I am new to the board so please don't get upset if it has. anyway, How expensive is it to convert from an auto to a 6 speed on the turbos. I have been looking at supras and I have been able to find a lot that I like, but they are all auto's and the 6 speeds are much more expensive it seems. I know that you can put the single turbo on the NA, but I also know that it is expensive. Which would be the better choice? put a single Turbo on the non turbo or get the turbo and convert from auto to manual. Obviously I would prefer a 6 speed to start with, but they are all over 20k :mad: . thanks guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, you're right. I did find a nice auto turbo for 13k though, so i am still looking at that and I would have enough to do the conversion, but I just seems like the prices are a little high. Yes I know that supras have been holding their resale values for some time now, but I think i'll prob end up with an RT TT in the end. I can get nice low milage one for around 10k and then dump about 10K into it and It'll be alot faster then the stock supra that I would wind up with. We'll see what happens though, time will tell. Either way looks good :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts