Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has to be a bunch of threads like this but I tried to search the FAQ's but for some reason nothing came up. But anyways how hard is the swap and what are the parts I need? I have done a few auto to standard swaps in other cars. Thanks for your input.

·
Not now chief
1,227 Posts
first off, be prepared to spend $6k with labor!
The getrag 6 spd alone is around $2250

·
Registered
635 Posts
dude just get the auto built....you'll be faster anyways...:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Labor is free when you are handy :)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
i did it, it was pretty easy. u can leave the auto rear in for a little while so there isnt as much initial cost. if you use the auto rear u just need to get the 1st half of the ds made a little bit loner. it cost me like 90bucks

·
Registered
365 Posts
BL built auto is under 3g......I was looking at swapping untiil I read the article on MKIV.com...there are alot of parts that will probably be next to impossible to find in good shape used so some of those things will have to be bought OEM at Toyota and well my stealership really enjoys taking advantage of that....even from elmhurst or jay's it still wont be cheap.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did it, it was pretty easy. u can leave the auto rear in for a little while so there isnt as much initial cost. if you use the auto rear u just need to get the 1st half of the ds made a little bit loner. it cost me like 90bucks

How much did it end up costing you?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Average gertrag if lucky is $3,500 just for tranny, not pedals,linkage,master clutch,slave,etc... I've read the swaps are between 5-12k. The Boostlogic Built auto is $1,800 and I know of someone that has it right now putting down just over 600hp and loves it.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
if you can get a deal on a tranny and u leave the auto rear u can do it for under 4k im not sure what i spent. but i think its right around 4k with a rebuilt trans and all new parts from curt

·
Registered
85 Posts
trans
clutch pedal
brake pedal
master and slave cyl
shifter and tripod (if they don't come w/ trans)
driveshaft
center console trim piece w/ shifter boot
new clutch, flywheel?
rearend/axles

·
Registered
85 Posts
i too am interested in this, although if a BL auto is around 1800 i may just end up going that way.
That $1800 does not include a converter. I think the total comes close to $3000 when all is said and done. It's still a lot cheaper than the 6 speed swap.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Doing the swap properly with decent parts (including the rear) will run you north of 7k. There are quite a few items needed for this conversion, namely the most pricey are the V160, rear, and clutch/flywheel setup.

Short listing from the top of my mind: Trans, rear, driveshaft, console, shifer, knob, console plate, tripod, master and slave cylinders, clutch line, clutch pedal assembly and pad, brake pedal assembly, clutch of your choice (300-5000 depending on your needs), flywheel and new flywheel bolts, axles, miscellanous bolts and brackets.

You can see how this quickly adds up. However, I recently did the swap and do not regret it :)

Andrew

·
Registered
187 Posts
Doing the swap properly with decent parts (including the rear) will run you north of 7k. There are quite a few items needed for this conversion, namely the most pricey are the V160, rear, and clutch/flywheel setup.

Short listing from the top of my mind: Trans, rear, driveshaft, console, shifer, knob, console plate, tripod, master and slave cylinders, clutch line, clutch pedal assembly and pad, brake pedal assembly, clutch of your choice (300-5000 depending on your needs), flywheel and new flywheel bolts, axles, miscellanous bolts and brackets.

You can see how this quickly adds up. However, I recently did the swap and do not regret it :)

Andrew
I am glad to see that you didn't regret it, I am 25% there :cool:.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts