Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
RSP fetish #23 GTR driver
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how much would it cost to swap auto to 6spd?
Is this complicated? I don't think about doing this myself but rather want to understand extent of modifications.
Does anybody have an experience with this swap? Good, bad? Is it worth it?
Any comment is appreciated.
Thank you.

G

·
Yeah, search works once in a blue moon.....dont jump on the guy

Used trannies are in $2000-$3000 range, and there is a bunch of other parts required, like clutch pedal, master and slave cyl, even some tranny tunnel mods are needed....not cheap, and not for beginners

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
depends first of all if you do the work yourself, second who you get the parts from (cost)... you will need AT LEAST the tranny, clutch system assembly (master cylinder, slave cylinder, lines, pedal, rod, etc...), shifter, console cover with boot, half a 6 spd driveshaft, resistors for the pcm, etc... optional parts include new tachometer without the PRNDL indicator, 6 spd ecu to avoid ignition retarding at old shiftpoint, 6 spd rearend so you arent shifting gears every 2 seconds, stuff like that... as far as modification, you will have to cut some of the tunnel and bang some out, other than that it should all bolt up.

·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried to search but couldn't find anything.
I'm seriously considering this car (low mileage 1998 RSP) but want to make sure that I know what I'm getting myself in to.
How much would this swap cost me (parts+labor)?
Thank you guys for your help.

·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts