Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone switched to Standard from Auto. How much did it run you in parts, and if someone did it for you, how much was labor?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Lots of people have, just not many comment on the final conversion prices from what I've seen.

In my situation, to date I've paid... $424.09 for everything! Only remaing parts are a flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate. :) Which easily come to another $700... :( I've done (and do) all the work myself so no labor, so the $1,100.00+ obviously is for parts.

There's also a decision of wire harness changes... would could easily add another $150-200+ to the total.

I stuck with the Auto harness and am slowly getting shit wired... reverse is done, clutch sensor and curise yet to go.

HTH,
Patrick

·
Registered
193 Posts
After burning through the clutches on my second A340E, I took on the R154 conversion. These are all pretty close numbers, but it might help....

$400: Junk Yard Day 1
R154, spare rear end (not needed), brake/clutch pedals
and brackets, flywheel, clutch start switch, forward
half of drive shaft, master/slave cylinder

$380: New Master/Slave cylinders, flywheel/pressure plate
bolts, spring clip, missing release fork, throwout bearing,
pilot bearing, seals, missing bellhousing side cover,
new pedal covers, etc.

$20: Stainless braided line between body and slave cylinder

$35: Replace broken clutch start switch and buy
missed tranmission stiffening bracket on drivers side

$450: Performance Clutch

$15: Resurface flywheel

$0: Junk Yard Day 2 :rolleyes:
Find Bell housing bottom cover for R154

$15: Misc wire and split loom, etc to fix up electrical goodies

~$1320 Total

Assumes you have all the tools, shop manuals (inc good wiring info). You could do easily get away cheaper if you personally drop the transmission as there are a lot of "minor" parts that will get missed otherwise.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Patrick,

I'd hold on to the Auto harness and ECU if I were you. The Auto ECU timing curve is a plus when using piggy backs (SAFC, E-manage, VPC, etc).

JT

·
Banned
676 Posts
mine ended up costing me about $1600 including a spec stage 3 clutch,new master/slave cylinders, and labor (even made me a custom short shifter with threads on it), i got lucky though because my friend had a parts car and gave me a deal on the parts and didnt charge me an arm and a leg for labor(i dont have anywhere to work on it, nor the tools), i still dont have reverse lights or cruise but im too lazy to go figure it out in the cold, guess itll wait till next summer;)

Reactions: ShelbyanMe

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
IRACEMYCOPCAR said:
i still dont have reverse lights or cruise but im too lazy to go figure it out in the cold, guess itll wait till next summer;)
So those emails of the reverse wiring didn't help?

·
Banned
676 Posts
pmpaluda said:
So those emails of the reverse wiring didn't help?
lol, yeah it sure did!!:D i know exactly what to do now, but im just too lazy to do it(work 6 days a week wiring up stereo's lol) plus its been kinda cold lately and i just havent felt like working outside on my only day off (been busy with christmas crap) , but i thank you for the information, i have it printed out and i will be using it at some point :D

G

·
You could buy a supra with a blown engine thats a 5 spd for under a grand easy I bet. check ebay or autotrader. sometimes it could be a long drive though...If you want a performance clutch though, then yeah it might add up to alot, but then again, you'd have a whole parts car too

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
I know this thread is ancient... but since I'm doing a swap within 2 weeks and some others are soon, I thought I'd bring it back...

A performance clutch is an aftermarket part, and not included in "conversion" prices. You either reuse the clutch or buy a new factory one for it to be conversion material ;). I'm up to ~$670-690...

Transmission, pedals, brackets, master/slave cylinders, lines, clutch disk, clutch pp, flywheel, shift fork, shifter assembly, shift boot, engine braces (I believe the driver's side is different for 5 speed), misc bolts... maybe one other little thing ======= $600 (from bdekoning.. he may have other stuff up for sale. hurry, he needs money for his project ;) ).

Pilot bearing, throwout bearing, shifter bushing, shifter seal, flywheel bolts (6) ======= $41 (from elmhurst toyota... still waiting on confirmation/cc charge)

Flywheel resurfacing ======== $30-50? I heard that I can get it for 30 or less but have only been quoted $48. Not a big deal though.

(not included): $300-600 on aftermarket clutch that will hold ~400-450 rwhp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts