Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone.. i have a question hope you dont mind the newbie asking but here goes.. Always wanted a supra but they are so hard to find especially ones in good condition, and i want to have a 6speed.

Now my brothers boss has a 94 AT TT, that has not been driven in like 1yr.. its his second car, has about 40K miles on it. His the 2nd owner, THe car had never been modified in anyway.. has no aftermarket mods of any sort.

i'll find out more info on the 1st.. i think he bought it while it was still very new. Plus he's willing to sell it for dirt cheap to me.. can the tranny be converted? If yes i will buy this asap.
According to him the engine is in excellent condition as the car was hardly driven.

Please give me some thoughts.

Thanks all!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think if you did a search youd probably come up with the answers to your question. It will probably cost around 3k and be a big pain in the ass but it will be worth it. Good luck:cool:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i havent driven any but have been in quite a few fast cars.. and my personal choice is to with manual trans. Thats just me..

Anyhow, i have tried using the search option but not very many threads related to this topic had come up. Some people say its not worth doing, yet others say its not as hard as it seems and its worthwhile. The only reason i'm interested in doing this because this car according to my brother is a very decent shape outside, has very very little miles for a 94, and had never been moded in anyway. But the AT is in the way. Anyone think its possible to do the conversion with parts/install for 4K?

Thanks!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you can do it for 4k... I did it for less, but then again, i did my own install.. and got hooked up with alot of the parts...

Good luck,
Dan

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone for your replies.. does anyone know a shop in California that is capable of doing this "the right way" so i dont have to worry about loose bolts or missing parts left and right.

Please let me know if you do..

Thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I talked to Matt at www.uprd.com a while ago about doing the conversion, $3800 for parts(used?) and labor excluding the price for the gearbox. A brand new gearbox is $4900 from Jay Marks Toyota and a used one is about ~$1200.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts