Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
SidewayzSupra said:
How long do auto trannys last before they start giving problems? 200k? 300k?
:wtflol: Try 70K-100K. Lots of trans info around if you search.

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
The answer to that will vary and will depend just as much on proper maintenance, power level and driving style. I am sure some have logged 200k+ miles, while other didn't reach 50k miles.

Brad

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i need one and i got one offered with 136k for a good price. I think i'll do that for now and send my old one to get built.

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
SidewayzSupra said:
well i need one and i got one offered with 136k for a good price. I think i'll do that for now and send my old one to get built.
Sounds like a good plan :)

My friend Andrew had 150k on his supra and tranny and beat the snot out of it and it was still running strong :bigthumb:

·
Supra TT Senior
1,886 Posts
SidewayzSupra said:
the only thing the member who is selling the tranny only has 2 post on this forum. Should i trust him?
If possible see if he has any references. I'd hate for you to buy a tranny that is all messed up.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine went out because the overdrive solenoid went out then the solenoid that controls the shifts in the tranny went out the i manualy shifted it till it went out. Does anybody have an Auto tranny laying aorund? I got money and i need ASAP!!

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
How much are you looking to buy one for? I may have one with 79,000 miles on her...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Josh M said:
Sounds like a good plan :)

My friend Andrew had 150k on his supra and tranny and beat the snot out of it and it was still running strong :bigthumb:
That would be me!! :D

....Let's not say beat the snot out of...actually....yes that's a perfect description.... :bigthumb:

Don't worry Josh, ill try to contain myself with your Supra :)

As said above, tranny life largely depends on your maintance upkeep and driving style (such as beating the snot out of it).

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
FYRARMS said:
:wtflol: Try 70K-100K. Lots of trans info around if you search.
?
Maybe for folks that abuse them.
Mine is at 119K and I even track it some.
It may break tomorrow, but it's in pretty good shape now. :bigthumb:

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
I got a manually shifted tranny, still kickin like the day i got it, at 110k on the clock. Somewhat regular maintence on it as well. :) Still I say you might wanna start at a lower mileage. Or once you get it take it to get built.

Alex

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
supra557hp said:
How much are you looking to buy one for? I may have one with 79,000 miles on her...
This one would be perfect because that's how many miles my engine has. Well how much do you want for it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts