Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reading Summit's catalog and i decide to get a auto tranny cooler sicnce its only 150. The question is should i get one w/ fan or not? What is max size i can run if i want to leave it at the driver side air duct instead of in from of radiator? I remember some of the members here have auto tranny cooler so please let me know what brand and size u run. It would be very helpful if u know the part # from summit.

Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Get the second biggest B&M one that comes with everything. I think it is the 70264 or something like that. It's about $59 and plenty big.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx guys appricrate ur reply. Any other brand name recommonded other than B&M? thx

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
The PHR unit is the nicest I've seen so far, although I haven't seen the summit. Its definately nicer than the B&M but the B&M price is very attractive.

Later,

Dusty

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The B&M unit is more than you will need and the price is unbeatable. Pretty sure SP uses the B&M ones too.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Go with the B&M or PHR. The PHR is $$$ but I would bet that its much more plug and play than getting a B&M.

I have a TRD cooler meant for a Tundra 7.5"x11.5"x1" ($199retail) the only reason I bought this was because my buddy had it and did want it, so I bought it for $50. The I installed a SPAL 7" puller fan behind it.

In this case go with bigger is better. I was just talking to the guy that builds the trannies for SP (including mine). He said that because our trannies have such small pans when we run BPU or stalls they run very hot. He said to not only have the best cooler you can find, but also change the fluid much more often than normal (even every 5k miles) to get maximum life out of the tranny.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok guys, i think i am gonna settle w/ PHR units vuz personally, i woldnt trust B&M quality neither. Does any1 know who carry it? Dusty? Suprastore? Is it large enough? I am planing to get the one w/ fans. thanks

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
MVP Motorsports is the only authorized dealer of PHR products anywhere in the nation. I can get it for you no problem.

Thanks,

Dusty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts