Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chii Racing Culture
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here's my situation:

My tranny has been slipping for a good couple weeks now ever since i built up my car to BPU+++. Everytime i would go wide open throttle my tranny wouldnt hook and it would rev up like it was in neutral. I do not have a tranny cooler, i didnt think i needed one. Do you guys think that is the case or do you think my stock tranny is done for? Just keep in mind i dont want my car season to end ever since i basically re-built my whole car for show and for race. I dont want to call it an early car season but if i have to then i will.

In YOUR opinion...

1) Should i do it right and save up for the TH400? (which will be awhile til i get it because i am investing in some property)

2) Spend a couple $100's to Re-build my tranny to brand new? or just buy a new stock tranny? (Basically ride out with the re-built or new stock tranny for the couple months of summer so i can continue to go to car shows)

3) Buy a built tranny for the mean time before i upgrade to th400? & if i choose to buy a built tranny... what built tranny should i go with? & how much have you guys spent for the whole set up with an engine management system?

I appreciate your guys help.

- Chris

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,096 Posts
If your going to save for the TH400 you might as well save a little more for the 4L80E its got the OD built in and it drives like the stock auto. That way you don't have to worry about the TH400s drivablity, such as crusing on the highway with 3 speeds. The way I figure it if your on a budget then save up the money and do it once and be done, rather than spend some money for a temp fix just to spend extra later for what you wanted in the first place.

·
Registered
231 Posts
here's a question that has probably been answered many times, but that i can get away with cuz the search engine is down :)p) how much will a 4L80E cost and how much HP can it withstand?

(sorry if this is a tad off the main subject but it's good info to know!!) thanks guys

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
here's a question that has probably been answered many times, but that i can get away with cuz the search engine is down :)p) how much will a 4L80E cost and how much HP can it withstand?

(sorry if this is a tad off the main subject but it's good info to know!!) thanks guys

see SP's section of the board....its out and avaiable and was close to 8k the last i saw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts