Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if our overdrive is seperate from the rest of the tranny...does it share the same fluid ect. I lost overdrive and wanted to know if the car can be driven?

R,1,2,3 work fine

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
1994 MKIV Supra Turbo - Auto
130 Posts
Your OD button isn't pushed in is it? Could your O?D light be burned out so you just don't know? Weird...

bk

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I think he means that it wont shift into OD no matter what.

If this is the case, just make sure you have the button turned to off untill you get it fixed.

This is one of those things that gets asked alot but for some reason never gets definatly answered. I would assume that it uses the same fluid, etc....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I f'd up and boosted while in OD so I heard a pop then rpm went to 5500 because I was going fast. So I took it out of OD and drove for a while (I was on the TurnPike) If I turn on the OD the wheels lock up. I didn't want to have it towed to the shop. But since it's already messed up.

John

·
Boost Junkie
12,693 Posts
Who built your trans? You shouldn't have a problem with boosting in overdrive with a built auto.

Steve

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Evill Supra said:
Who built your trans? You shouldn't have a problem with boosting in overdrive with a built auto.

Steve

SP

and OD really is just a cruising gear.

·
Boost Junkie
12,693 Posts
Not if your running the 1/4. You'll run out of 3rd gear unless you are running a very tall rear tire.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts