Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to go get some ATF today and i asked the guy if they had the Type t-2 that the auto supra turbo takes and he told me that they don't make that anymore and the equivilent is Dextron 3, is that true? and also how much ATF does it take if you drain it and also take the pan off?? thanks in adv. for your replies.

S

·
0 Posts
Im in the same boat.. what I found out is that YES they do still have it.. or at least the equivlant.. I called my local Toyota dealership (Thousand Oaks Toyota, California) and asked them if they had T4 ATF... they had plenty in stock

the OEM auto TT tranny takes 3 pints... so one container of the ATF is enough..

·
Registered
259 Posts
It's good you guys found out the deal on the Toyota tranny fluid. It's very important that you don't use anything else but the Toyota T4 fluid in the Supra's auto tranny, so get it from your Toyota dealer or have it shipped to you by Jef Watson at Jay Marks Toyota: 1-800-327-2087.

Ash
'93 SUPRA TT BPU

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Why does it mae a diff running oem tranny fluid or say valvoline durablend synthetic? I just got my tranny fluid flushed and changed with it? I have a mkiv na auto supra? Should i just flush it again and put oem fluid? does anything else just make it slip give me all the info please

S

·
0 Posts
From what other people have experienced, YES, you should fully flush your tranny asap and run OEM fluid.

Althougth everyone thinks/knows that putting better fluid into the car will make it run better, but the way the auto tranny was design (at least the TT tranny) is that the clutch and other gasket material is design to work best with the chemical composition of the Toyota fluid.

Any other fluid might / could be damaging to the wearing material in the tranny and lead to premature failure..

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for the replies, i already put valvoline durablend synthetic in it and i reallyyyyyy don't feel like changing it, i'm planning on doing it in a month so i might just get it flushed. will it do much damage in a month it only gets driven about 15-20 miles right now and i put about 4 1/2 in it because i also took the pan and filter off and it seems fine (the dipstick is kinda hard to read) well thanks

S

·
0 Posts
its your call in the end.. personally I wouldnt risk a major part like the tranny...

But its your call... Im sure if you drive it easy and not push the RPM's up, then it should be fine for a month or so.. but not for extended periods of time...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts