Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had Toyota fix my auto tt and i picked it up this morning to find that my trans isn't down shifting. When i put it in drive it up shifts all the way to o/d at the minimum shifting speeds when im flooring it. It won't shift to low unless im at almost a complete stop and isn't kicking down in any gear. Its definetly going back because it worked perfect b4 i took it in. Anyone know what could be causing it?

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diagnostics. They couldn't get any signal from the diagnostic ports so they hooked up a break out box and everything was working perfect but the timing was off by one tooth. Now i put it in drive, floor it and nothing happens, it just slowly shifts till it reaches o/d. It also won't shift to L unless im alomost stopped.

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
Did they fix the issue with the diagnostic port? Sounds like some very serious harness issues as well as a possibly bad main TPS.

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know how it was off, but thats what the problem was. I took it back and for some reason he thought the kickdown/shifting was cable controlled but he realized it was computer controlled. They had to hook it up to a break out box so hes pretty sure that its a loose wire so monday its going back.

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
Wow, the dealer should not have thought that. None of the A340 series transmissions is controlled via a throttle valve cable. On the MKIII and earlier the A340E does have a throttle valve cable but it is solely for raising line pressure in the trans (controlled via computer/solenoid in the MKIV and Lexus variations of the trans).

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well im at school right now in a very small town and i could say with confidence that this is probaby the a maximum of the 5th supra they've seen. I have a feeling its probably the only one. Oh well its getting fixed monday.

·
Registered
260 Posts
HA HA!!! Just a side note.... I pulled into my local Toyota dealership last week and a salesman walked up to me and asked if my car had a turbo or supercharger in it. I looked at him and said, "You sell Toyotas and you don't know what kind of engines they have!?!" Most Dealerships/Toyota service shops are clueless about Supras... and their shop-manual-reading skills are not the greatest.

·
Registered
598 Posts
hahahaha..... same experience here suprajake... rolled up to a toyota dealer here for some parts and tranny fluid, the sales guy stopped me and asked me what kind of car it was.... complete morons. IT HAS THE DAMN TOYOTA SYMBOL AND BADGING! eh

·
Registered
313 Posts
i had a peoblem like that but i figured out that it was just that i didnt have the it plugged in firmly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts