Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange...

Shifter is left in "drive". Gas pedal is mashed. Right before it upshifts, there is a delay and a loss of max power before the upshift. Next gear hits, car pulls hard, then it happens on next upshift. Trans is NOT slipping, and I am NOT hitting the rev limiter. Trans fluid looks good. Trans has 70,000 miles. Any ideas?

·
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. TRAC fuse fuse gone...:confused:

·
462 Posts
I think it's normal. Primarily between the 1-2 shift when the trans is programmed to shift smoothly. With an SP tranny car I've driven, the 1-2 shift is much tighter.

·
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Larry?

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
The delay and bog is likely due to the fact that you pulled your track fuse. The Traction control system kicks in, closing the throttle plate and retarding timing during shifts to protect the tranny. When you pull the Trac fuse, you disable this and put lots of extra wear and tear on your tranny. It shifts faster, but sounds like its lazy during shifts.

Unless you want to be sending your tranny off to Larry along with $3400 in the near future, leave your trac fuse in unless you're at the track. You'll be a much happier, and richer man. If you put in the trac fuse, the tranny should shift normally, if it still doesn't then you've got another problem.

·
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shit!

Sound Performance said:
Ryan is correct.

Sounds like your tranny is on its last legs..... soon you will be hitting the rev limiter.

Lar
C'mon, Larry! Where's my TH400 swap kit? :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts