Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
freshjive1682 said:
Will a JDM or aristo automatic 2jzgte transmission fit in a US spec car? If no, then what mods do you have to do?
yea it will fit. They're the same trans. The aristo trans might have the line pressure regulator set lower than the supra trans though (for smoother/slower shifts), in which case, you'll want to set this back up to "high"

If this is the case, you'll have to open the trans to do it

Gene

·
Registered
71 Posts
any idea if the TT auto tranny will work on a 98 sc300 vvti NA-T?i can't fine a straight answer.

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts
Check the model number.... it should bolt up and hold the power... I had all the model numbers posted a long time ago.. use the search ...

·
Registered
103 Posts
yea it will fit. They're the same trans. The aristo trans might have the line pressure regulator set lower than the supra trans though (for smoother/slower shifts), in which case, you'll want to set this back up to "high"

If this is the case, you'll have to open the trans to do it

Gene
Is this true? has it been confirmed? I'm in need of replacing my transmission and found a jdm transmission for $175 close by.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Aristo trannys do not have a yolk shaft like the us auto supras. If you are doing a aristo tranny swap, you will need to have the aristo drive shaft or have one custom made.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Aristo trannys do not have a yolk shaft like the us auto supras. If you are doing a aristo tranny swap, you will need to have the aristo drive shaft or have one custom made.
You can also change out the tail flange to a supra. Very simple, but you'll have to cut the centering shaft off the rear of the aristo. Pretty basic really. And cheaper than a custom driveshaft. Our one piece driveshafts can mate up to either flange, we have adapters for both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts