Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is replacing the auto transmission oil pan gasket easy? I noticed it has an oil line coming in that is impossible to work around or take off.

I’ve tried looking in the search button but have not found a good clear answer. If anyone can help. Thanks in advance.

Also, any advice on installing new emergency brakes? Is there a how to?

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
There is no gasket, it is RTV

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about the metal oil line that runs to it? I cannot get the bottom pan off without it. Any advise on that?

·
Super Moderator
3,873 Posts
Oil line are you referring to the cooler lines on passenger side or the dipstick on the driver side? If driver side you need to remove trans dipstick, I think there’s a bracket or two near the intake manifold, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This one. It’s to the side of the drivers. I cannot seem to remove the transmission bottom part oil pan to service the new filter.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it! Thank you very much. I will be changing out the filter and I’m assuming the gasket or whatever is around the bolts. Do you recommend Beck/Arnley products or stick to OEM?
Thanks!!

·
90T
731 Posts
I used toyota red FIPG. A little pricey but don't want the hassle of doing it twice. I used a Toyota filter. Again, not a big savings going aftermarket.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I’ve already got the Beck filter and rubber seal. I guess I’ll be using it. I’ll invest in the FIPG as recommended. Thank you very much again. It’s hard to get answers in this forum especially dumb ones.
I replaced the valve seals and noticed motor oil coming from the firewall center area underneath the car. I can’t imagine it’s the valve cover gaskets leaking again after being replaced along with the valve seals. Do you think it’s my turbos? Any idea?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the attachment to remove the transmission dip stick is above over the engine area bay or remove it from underneath the car?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts