Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What reliable transport companies would you recommend for an enclosed delivery from Seattle WA to Miami Fl :eek2:

Almond Exotic Transports or Diamond B? Are there any others I should consider?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Mine is being shipped from VA to TX as we speak. 1800 bucks, enclosed container, lift and also taking along 2 stock seats + downpipe. Tn'T shipping. The seller used them for his earlier viper and said they were OK.

·
LLOOYYDDD!!!!!!!!!!
340 Posts
I used dependable auto shippers and everything went more then smooth. When you fill out the application of when to pick it up you can pay a little extra to have it picked up on the exact day you want but I did not do that. So I called the guy I was getting the car from and told him the shippers would probably be there in a week or two. He said they were already there and picked it up. The car was then shipped from cali to iowa in 3 days. I was more then impressed.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Exotic Car Transport. Based out of Orlando FL. They've shipped the majority of the $$$$ cars sold around here to other states. Not the cheapest but definately some of the most cautious and well respected auto transports.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Exotic Car Transport PERIOD! They just shipped a car down to FL for my roommate Greg (whereursfl). Seller said that the trailer was the cleanest one he has seen. We picked the car up from the hub in Orlando, b/c we couldnt wait until the next day to see the car! :D We went up there and everyone there is VERY nice and the place is def. a class act! Contact them.. their prices are very reasonable! www.exoticcartransport.com

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No argument here. What I do like about these guys is that they are extremely careful. I'm actually thinking of considering them.

Anyone use Diamond B?

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
IntheSearch said:
No argument here. What I do like about these guys is that they are extremely careful. I'm actually thinking of considering them.

Anyone use Diamond B?
I can say this about Exotic. When Nero's Porsche got delivered it was done by Exotic, they gave us on time deliveries, we could call them on the cellphone and talk to the driver any time we wanted and get updates, and then once they actually delivered the car they spent 45 minuites - 1 hour just unloading the car. Very careful, I bet quotes are going to be much higher now with gas prices as they are no mater who you go with.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you want to know the best and read actual comments from customers, goto this site:

Auto Transport Reviews

You will notice that "Specialty Mobile Systems" is #1 with a ton of reviews. I recently used them to haul the Supra from Las Vegas to Austin, TX and back to have Performance Motorsports work on the car. It was an enclosed carrier both ways. Price I was quoted was $1050 each way. Make sure you ask about round trip discounts if that is what you are doing.

Stay AWAY from "Town and Country". They are thieves and robbed my ass of $400.00. Specialty Mobile is a family operated business and can be reached just about anytime to get status' of where the car is, when the delivery or pickup will be. They are super friendly and will take care of your car.

Styletto

·
Hardtopper Once Again!
1,709 Posts
IntheSearch said:
Im sure they are the best, but I was just qouted $3000.
I have a friend in the car transporting business and he told me they charge about $1 per mile, this was before the prices on gas went up. $3,000 may sound like a lot but isn't for a enclosed trailor with a reliable transporting company, you also have to take into consideration how far you are shipping this car.

Dave

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I know, I don't think it could be any furthey away, unless I lived in the Keys :p

·
Registered
218 Posts
I shipped an S4 from Miami to Seattle two months ago on an open-air carrier. Cost was only $995 through PriorityAutoTransport.com.

I

·
0 Posts
I suggest Passport Transport. They do most of our enclosed shipping and are very good. They are anal about keeping the cars clean and perfect. They will wrap your steering wheel, the seats, the carpet. They are one of the best out there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
onelove said:
How much are scrapes and a few door dings worth to you at the least ?
Seriously. When my old roommate had his S2K shipped via one of the >$1000 companies it arrived with a five foot long scratch on the driver side. The first thing they did was blame him and deny it. Then they actually fessed up but asked him to pay for it himself because they didnt have the money. Then they agreed to pay, which ended up taking another 4 months.

Peace of mind is worth a lot.

I

·
0 Posts
This time of year, getting a car shipped open is not that bad. The worst that could happen is it would get wet. You don't have to worry about getting it covered in salt and road grime.

If you want a very cheap quote with a very dependable shipper, call Meeker transport. They have shipped hundreds of cars with us and can do it cheaper and faster then almost everybody out there. They normally tell customers 10 - 20 days but it normally takes 7- 14 to get the car. They can be reached at 1-800-936-5442. Talk to Robert or Kevin and tell them you heard of them through Dan at motoexotica and they will give you a very good price.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts