Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

i'm swapping my engine with an automatic engine harness into a car that was originally a manual.

i noticed that there are some leftover plugs from the automatic engine harness and manual chassis harness.

do i need to use an automatic chassis harness or will this work? if not, are there any modifications i can do to the manual chassis harness to make it work? my main concern is getting the car to start.

thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes it will work. I just did a 7MGTE swap and used an auto harness in my manual car.

Started right up. There are few mods that need to be done, but, the best thing to do is search on here. There are a few threads on here that will tell you everything you need to know.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, but i did a search and could not find anything about using an auto engine harness with manual dash harness. if you or anyone else could give me some info on what to do with the wiring specifically in order to make the car run i would really appreciate it.

btw, i'm using an R154 and spliced all necessary wires in order for the car to start. just worried on what else i have to do to ensure that everything goes right.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haven't wired up the reverse lights yet, just spliced the black and white wire off of the big 3-wire plug. is this all i have to do to get it to start, or are there wires inside the car that i need to mod also?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts