Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
i'm AMAZING!
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any automatic shift knobs available other than the stock one? I've searched this site and many stores and only found ones for manual transmissions.

Thanks,
Shaun

G

·
please search online for Automatic shift knobs with a button...thats all, no need to post here to ask its a very simple to just look online... :wtflol:

·
i'm AMAZING!
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your post was as useful to me as not posting at all.

i have done my research on both this site and the web. as you can tell, i post very little here, that's because i DO USE the search function and i get my answers that way most of the time. maybe i should have been more specific and asked for people who have something and can provide examples...but telling me to do a generic search on "Automatic shift knobs with a button" defeats the purpose of a forum.

now, if it's some kind of hidden secret that newbie's get the "try searching for it" answer, then fine...but in no way does my post count dictate my status as a supra owner wanting to do research on parts.

don't take my response personally, i know there are people who post crap here all day to "increase their post count", but i'm not one of them.

hey, maybe i'll see you at the elmhurst meet! :)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I don't have any pictures I can show you, but I've seen MKIV's with other auto knobs and it just doesn't look right, IMO. I'll see if I can't find some good examples...

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
I agree that other shift knobs look :ghey: just stick with the stock one. It's nice and low.

As far as the post JuSt8UrV8 made, he is correct. These types of questions can be found online since most shift knobs are universal from what I've seen. You would have better luck looking at a Razo site or something.

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
JuSt8UrV8 said:
please search online for Automatic shift knobs with a button...thats all, no need to post here to ask its a very simple to just look online... :wtflol:
fuckin clown

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,116 Posts
I think the standard shift knobs look nice myself for an automatic. The majority of the TH400 guys are using them with the 6-speed surround for that stealth auto appearance.

·
Very Senior Member
10,066 Posts
JuSt8UrV8 said:
Try it yourself.
There's not much out there.

And what I have seen are not very ergonomic, compared to stock.

·
i'm AMAZING!
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks to everyone who responded. unfortunately, it looks like a new stock one might be the best, if not only, way to go. if anyone is able to provide pics, it will help...i'm not just gonna stick some shift knob on there that looks like shit.

·
Registered
590 Posts
this is a fair question and there is no need to flame sm1 for a simple question, i know for a fact that MOMO make a auto shift knob but the only problem is there is no overdrive on/off button so that will have to be rigged up....

·
Has a slow car
1,321 Posts
BamaDave said:
I think the standard shift knobs look nice myself for an automatic. The majority of the TH400 guys are using them with the 6-speed surround for that stealth auto appearance.
You mean this, right?:D

Its nasty right now, but thats when I picked it up from the shop! Still have a few things to do to the center consol!

shaunmathur.... Just throw you a Th400 in it and be done with it! :)

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
You might wasnt to look into the one offered for the SC300 / SC400 cars. I think it would be a straight bolt on.

Joe.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
carchitect said:
You might wasnt to look into the one offered for the SC300 / SC400 cars. I think it would be a straight bolt on.

Joe.
Funny thing about that is...there was a thread on ClubLexus about a month or two ago asking for replacement auto shift knobs for SC's...and I suggested the Supra auto shift knob :D

·
i'm AMAZING!
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ftr_10 said:
shaunmathur.... Just throw you a Th400 in it and be done with it! :)
that would be pretty sweet, but i do have to "budget" somewhere.

i'm just going with a stock auto shift knob. thanks again to everyone who replied.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts