Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I can't figure out whether I should drive my car in either the "Manual" or Power" mode (buttons next to shifter). Does anyone know what they mean exactly?

Cheers,
Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"manu" is absolute shit..
first to second takes a good second to do so you can never get it right. and you will get no torque converter lock up at all.

the difference between econ and pwr is that on econ, gears change up later and down later.
when in pwr with foot flat to floor it will change right on redline and it changes down gears earlier too.

summary:
manu: never use
econ: normal driving
pwr: race, or really shitty traffic

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thanks for that man...I think about it I've been driving around in "Manu" the whole time! Will test out the PWR mode tonight and see what it's like to drive hard. Thanks again,

Dan

·
Registered
606 Posts
i had my supra for two years and new about the ECT button and what it does but i never remembered to press it before I fullthrottled my car---until last summer when I had on my full exhaust, i was on PWR/ECT and for the 1st time in 2 years my car felt fast and light

·
Registered
206 Posts
I tried it out on the ride home after I bought the car. :D Pulls like mad in first gear,all the way to redline(~10psi)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
danstar said:
Wow thanks for that man...I think about it I've been driving around in "Manu" the whole time! Will test out the PWR mode tonight and see what it's like to drive hard. Thanks again,

Dan
no probs

now what you need is a tiptronic controller :D
www.latentsolutions.com

havent got mine yet but ive heard nothing but good things. i intend to get it shipped here (aus) soon as my IC is finished

edit: one thing thats so damn annoying about the supra is that when you flatten it, most cars automatically change to pwr mode and redline, but while on econ it still changes at just over 5000 (i think)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts