Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is to anyone that has done a conversion from an automatic to a 6speed.

How hard is it to convert? If anyone has converted, have you experienced any problems?

I am looking to change mine into a sixspeed. I finally decided to keep my car, I just couldnt get rid of it. She just means too much to me!!!:D

My final question.................Does anyone want to swap trannys?
If so please email me

[email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
Its a little bit more then just swapping tranny's... u got wiring harness to start.... then ECU.... SHIFTER... Tranny... Shifter cover... also the differential and tach and speedo... but the last two are optional... if it doesnt bother u about the PRD12 display or the lower gearing u have using the auto diffrential as the drive shaft bolts up to it... oh yuh u gotta bang the tranny tunnel up a few too so it would clear the tunnel or its gonna knock around..... think thats about it.... thats from what i remember when we did a few of them....

S

·
0 Posts
any shop in the LA area that could do something like that.. and how much should it cost.. approx..

·
Registered
240 Posts
That i couldnt tell you... as i am in Dallas.... only place I've heard or remember seeing anything about it is on suprastore.com other then that lotta people have done it just no one really knows who does it besides ones that have done it...

D

·
0 Posts
well if you are thinking of doing it I have a trani for sale...
thought it was busted but it was only the seals.. had it replaced... now i have a used trani for sale $1000+shipping

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am very well aware that the A/T is faster, but I really miss shifting. I have alot more fun in a car that is a manual. I am probaly not going to change, because I would rather put that money on an SP57 for my car. There has been a guy that has contacted me, and is interested in swapping. He told me that he really wants a A/T, and would swap his over to my car. So, I guess we will see what happens.

Thanks,
Shane

G

·
0 Posts
If anyone wants to swap transmissions with me, i have a built auto with stall etc, definetley interested in a swap.
Josh L

·
Registered
284 Posts
Manual is a lot more fun then auto. I never did see a point in a high horsepower car like an mkiv that has an auto. Just hit the pedal and hold on.. kinda boring. but then again I am biased :D

As for the conversion, call toyomoto in Miami or contact Adrocktt on here he had some work done at a shop in tampa or near there I believe.. goodluck ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts