Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys....just kinda curious what kinda trans temps everyone sees. Built or Stock. Driving Normal, chilly evenings, hot days, stop and go traffic, etc.

Also, post your setup!

Ill start:

STC Marko Stage 1 trans, PI 3400, External Trans cooler and puller fan, (not sure size/brand....i think its just the Euro Supra cooler and a fan), also Lexus GS300 Pan

normal driving on average 60-70 degree day: 160-170ish

early morning / chillier evening: 140-150ish

last night under just normal sitting and slow moving i was seeing upper 180's and actually hit 203* once.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Normal driving sounds about right, when it is cold here mine usually rides at about 125-135, but when it is hot and I am in traffic I have seen as high as 230-245. Mine was not on a built trans. just stock with converter.

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what range is supposedly the range of temps you should shoot for?

I was thinking between 180-200*.....What is the unsafe and when you should probably park the car for a while?

·
Registered
283 Posts
yeah those are pretty good. I am not sure but i heard anything under 235 is okay after that it is starting to get too hot.

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Where is you probe at?

Here is my setup:

Marko Stage 2 trans with a PI3800. I have tow B&M cooler is both brake ducts and both coolers have spal puller fans on them that I control with a dash mounted switch. The biggest factor for me is that I have my temp probe plumbed into the outgoing line of the convert and the fluid is at its hottest point before it even sees both of my coolers. The single most impactful thing you can do to keep trans temps livable is install a lock switch.

Here is some typical temps I see, keep in mind this is before the fluid hits either of my coolers. I would think that after coming out of the last cooler it would probably be almost 30 degrees cooler from what some others have posted.

Around town - low speeds converter unlocked = 190-210
Highway cruising locked up = 175-180

I drop my fluid every 1K miles to inspect and it always looks great, no issues at all.

Bob

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i also have my probe before it hits my coolers as to measure the fluid at its hottest point. I am not running a switch for lockup though...I just let the ECU do its thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts