Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 TT auto and I was curious to find out if the way I drive is alright for the auto tranny

I have been driving manual for about 8 years, but recently got the supra in auto (considering they are hard to come by) and I have been driving it like a manual.. meaning I apply normal amount of throttle, and then let of as to let the auto tranny shift, then I start to apply more throttle..

is this style okay, or should I apply constant throttle and let the tranny shift itself..

Also, are there any problems with driving in MANU?

Thank you.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
This should be fine, but if you're driving it hard, just keep in the gas. It is obviously harder on the tranny when you're shifting it yourself, but as long as you leave the traction control intact, you should be fine. The traction control automatically closes the sub-throttle plate as if you were lifting between shifts anyway.

I know its fun to shift the tranny yourself, but for eveyday driving, you should just as soon leave it in drive and let the tranny do what its supposed to do.:)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice... but I do leave it in drive, but I just let off the gass as though I was was shifting..

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
SpdRcr0 said:
thanks for the advice... but I do leave it in drive, but I just let off the gass as though I was was shifting..
That shouldn't hurt anything then, it might even help. You're just doing what Toyota designed into the trac system to protect the tranny, but porbably doing it a little longer.

Happy boostin' :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts