Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Wire does it tap into at the ECU for the O2 reading? E9-48/OX1 or E9-71/HT1? Both are Main Heated Oxygen Sensor wires... I am assuming OX1 though but just not positive on it..

Thanks-

·
Registered
66 Posts
Vampire clip 48. I don't remember what color it is. I did it. The gauge should bounce back and forth from rich to lean, because the ECU will be reading the sensor and correcting the A/F for emssions. At 80% throttle to WOT, it should read rich because then it will follow the fuel maps. Fun little toy.

·
Toyotally Awesome
647 Posts
Save yourself some trouble and DO NOT install that gauge.

There is no way a rinky dink A/F gauge can properly get an accurate reading or your true O2 reading.

If you had a wideband 02 unit, yes. But I'm guessing this is just an autometer or some sort?

Go with a fuel pressure gauge and an EGT if anything. Fuel pressure should increase 2 psi with every pound of boost, and if you watch the EGT or have playback, it will dramatically rise over normal conditions if you're running lean. detonation = rampid EGT's = time to let off the throttle.

I had an A/F unit with my J&S safeguard matched with a V-Afc in my old Civic Si. It was worth nothing...poop. The kid who bought my car, played around with the fuel pressure, and went with different injectors...viola. He solved the problem; the car was running stoich on the LEAN side and the J&S unit was pulling back my timing. I never figured it out.

There's no way an A/F gauge will work just by tapping in to one wire. The computer's not smart enough to send all that information through one or two wires. The safest bet is an EGT and a FP gauge.

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
soarer 300 said:
Save yourself some trouble and DO NOT install that gauge.

There is no way a rinky dink A/F gauge can properly get an accurate reading or your true O2 reading.

If you had a wideband 02 unit, yes. But I'm guessing this is just an autometer or some sort?

Go with a fuel pressure gauge and an EGT if anything. Fuel pressure should increase 2 psi with every pound of boost, and if you watch the EGT or have playback, it will dramatically rise over normal conditions if you're running lean. detonation = rampid EGT's = time to let off the throttle.

I had an A/F unit with my J&S safeguard matched with a V-Afc in my old Civic Si. It was worth nothing...poop. The kid who bought my car, played around with the fuel pressure, and went with different injectors...viola. He solved the problem; the car was running stoich on the LEAN side and the J&S unit was pulling back my timing. I never figured it out.

There's no way an A/F gauge will work just by tapping in to one wire. The computer's not smart enough to send all that information through one or two wires. The safest bet is an EGT and a FP gauge.
I have a Fuel Pressure/Oil Pressure/EGT/Boost gauge. I am just using this to take up a spot in the triple gauge pod for the time being. Might aswell hook it up if it's in there ya know. Haven't decided what else I *really* want/need in that spot yet so it's going in for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts