Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i searched but there seems to be different opinions...does the fitting for the water temp from autometer fit with our engines? if it does where do you guys usually mount it? i kno some say BVSV. and just lett ing the charcoal canister go....but if i do that will stock temp sensor still work...? anyone have pics? thanks

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
I took out the crappy fitting that went to the charcoal can (as it broke anyway) and somehow I got the autometer one in. I don't remember if I used the fittings that came with it or if I went to the hardware store. either way, a regular compression (3/8"?? I think) will fit.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
my friend had one that fit right into the thermo housing with no problems...i have tried mine yet as im waiting for a few parts before i put the gauge in...but it looks as though it will fit as well...

also you could always take out the stock temp gauge sensor and put the autometer one in...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i put mine in the bsvs spot cause all my emmisions had been removed, works great and the stock one still work.

·
(GRAVEDIGGER) 3.3L Supra
614 Posts
IdealSupra said:
my friend had one that fit right into the thermo housing with no problems...

This is the spot where mine is. Works very well...... Also I dont remember if I bought another fitting or not.

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
i put my autometer sender in the same spot. use the 3/8 npt fitting they supply in the kit and it will screw right into the thermostat housing. make sure you use some permatex thread sealant on the threads so you dont have a leak.

- steve

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so basically do i just put the adapter in the housing....then put the sender on and connect 18 gauge wire to the gauge, with ignition, and power ground?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
supratkfy said:
ok so basically do i just put the adapter in the housing....then put the sender on and connect 18 gauge wire to the gauge, with ignition, and power ground?
You put the adapter in and the sensor and run at least 16 gauge MAX...I wouldn't go any smaller on the sender wire. Then you have the 12v switched for ignition to power it, 12v switched on the parking lights for the illumination, and a ground.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks trent...i'll be getting it done as soon as the oil pressure gauge gets here

·
SC61 Powered 90T
847 Posts
I have mine wired to the stock sensor by the thermostat and it works perfect and is much more accurate than the stock gauge.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
which way is better? or i mean which is more accurate wiring it to the stock sender? or the BVSV way?

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is connecting the two lines running the the charocal canister connected ok? whwat will that do?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts