Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else used these?

They are supposed to be used with OE IS-F rotors as directly bolt on.

The first sign of trouble was the hardware supplied wasn't long enough to actually use. Now the calipers don't actually line up with the rotors. I've asked the vendor for even just a photo of one installed and it's been days of excuses.

Thanks in advance.

T

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you flip that caliper adapter so the ear is away from the rotor will it line up better?
Negative. The adapter won't bolt to the hub any other way.

Conveniently, the vendor is so unwilling to support his product, he sent a return shipping label today. I don't know what happened, but I'm not sure anyone has ever got it to work.

·
Registered
94 red TT pte6466, atf stage 3, trd lsd 95 white n/a #10 production line car bone stock (for now)
5 Posts
Darn i just bought a set of 17z calipers also but autosport said they dont have in stock because they dont have a big enough order to produce. They also said its not their specialty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear there are a couple more companies that make something compatible. Worst case, 17Z is extremely popular in the Audi/VW market and you could sell. I'm gonna spend some more effort prior to selling. I have 2 sets of them, both already powder coated, and 2 sets of OE IS-F rotors. Argh

·
Registered
163 Posts
You cant just swap calipers without doing the proper math to see if they are making things worse or better. Brake Bias can go out the door quick, and in fact can be very dangerous. I'm sure you can find a Brake bias calculator out there to help you with this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You cant just swap calipers without doing the proper math to see if they are making things worse or better. Brake Bias can go out the door quick, and in fact can be very dangerous. I'm sure you can find a Brake bias calculator out there to help you with this.
Genuinely puzzled what bias has to do with a part not fitting ??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Autosport Engineering (Florida) are terrible. I bought billet valve covers off them a few years ago which did not fit. The quality was tragic. After a lot of wasted time and him sending another faulty replacement, I binned them. No refund was given. I would steer very clear.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have the kit that uses the cts-v, corvette, camaro calipers from them. Fitment was spot on no issues.

Reactions: madmax98

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Happy they fit. It's a much simpler adapter. The post was about the 17Z calipers. It's a fairly complicated adapter to align everything. AE was selling a product that didn't fit. He also couldn't find a single picture of the part actually installed on a car. I believe he's since removed them from the site. After 2 cars worth of brake kits (calipers and powder coat, rotors, pads, lines, etc) and weeks of excuses, he just refunded them. Was a really disappointing process.

I've since designed and machined proper adapters. May or may not sell a few sets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey mooose14, if you could please fab me some of the adapter brackets I would gladly pay you. I have a set of 17z calipers front and rear, and would like to use them on my car as well. You would be a huge life saver. Please let me know if you're willing.

·
Inline for the win
4,764 Posts
Happy they fit. It's a much simpler adapter. The post was about the 17Z calipers. It's a fairly complicated adapter to align everything. AE was selling a product that didn't fit. He also couldn't find a single picture of the part actually installed on a car. I believe he's since removed them from the site. After 2 cars worth of brake kits (calipers and powder coat, rotors, pads, lines, etc) and weeks of excuses, he just refunded them. Was a really disappointing process.

I've since designed and machined proper adapters. May or may not sell a few sets.
I would like to see how well the brake pads contact the rotor on your CTS-V setup. I'm seeing some gaps pad-to-rotor contact that could be improved either by stepping up a 15" rotor from the RCF or repositioning the caliper. My CTS-V setup is from the forum member Tarmactr

Please share, if possible.

DP

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would like to see how well the brake pads contact the rotor on your CTS-V setup. I'm seeing some gaps pad-to-rotor contact that could be improved either by stepping up a 15" rotor from the RCF or repositioning the caliper. My CTS-V setup is from the forum member Tarmactr

Please share, if possible.

DP
I don't have a CTS-V adapter. Only made the 17Z out of necessity. Could probably make the CTSV adapter if you wanted to let me borrow a caliper for a few days. I make sure to center the rotor in the caliper pad pocket.

We use the 360mm ISF rotor for 17Z calipers.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts