Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all these people think their car is made of gold? Are all these cars listed by scammers? Every other supra on autotrader is selling for at least 40k. Not just a few, but half the listings! Reading those listings is just plain funny.

I'm all for selling the car for what it's worth, but a stock 94 supra with 50k miles is NOT worth 40k. Yet that's what they're trying to sell them for.

Do these cars really sell? I can't imagine. You can find the same kind of cars listed here for 10k less.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
cherzra said:
Do these cars really sell? I can't imagine. You can find the same kind of cars listed here for 10k less.
I think that is what they count on. Somebody that isn't part of the forum and that is un-educated about the car with money to blow just to get one. Good for them if they can get it.

·
Super Moderator
10,496 Posts
cherzra, been on the hunt for a second MKIV 6MT for a while now, and I have encountered just the situation you described in your post. Many of the second, third and fourth owners have purchased their cars for less than $30K, put 20-50K in miles on the car and try to sell it for $10-15K for more than they originally purchased it.

I won't even get into a discussion about the actual condition of these so-called "pristine" cars, many of which have little to no documentation of service or mod records, can't or won't answer my questions about the car and can't explain carfax issues but strongly believe the car is worth their asking price. Many have been on sale for months but, apparently, that is insufficient market-correct info for most sellers; hence, the current situation.

Ken.

·
Registered
970 Posts
for sale

Selling mine for ONE MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLION DOLLARS :bigthumb:

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
kerry1 said:
Do you take paypal? :)
yes, but then it will be $1,030,000 (paypal fees, you know.)

Seriously. The buyer will determine what the market is.
Sellers can ask anything they want, but until someone buys, the price is not set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts