Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of anybody who's ever tried to put an Autotronic
ECU into a Mark 3 supra?

I want the rotational idle feature! i'm addicted!

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
theres a guy who has that... auto transmission w/ manumatic he custom made...it was in the "Most unique mod you have done to your supra" thread i think. If memory serves... he had it on the steering wheel either where the cruise is or near there... gluck

·
Registered
329 Posts
You mean Autronic ECU? Don't know of any off hand due to the unit requiring most of it's own sensors. A friend has put a Haltec E6k in his JZA80 using most of the stock sensors. Another friend has a Motec M800 in his MA70.

·
I've been here forever.
2,555 Posts
wastegate said:
You mean Autronic ECU? Don't know of any off hand due to the unit requiring most of it's own sensors. A friend has put a Haltec E6k in his JZA80 using most of the stock sensors. Another friend has a Motec M800 in his MA70.
There are a couple around the Long Island area that are running E6K and one that swapped over to Autronic. We currently have two shop cars that are running Autronic and I am switching over to it after I hit horsepower goals with my current setup.

Autronic isn't the best overall standalone, the Tec III is, but depending on where you are located you might have a better chance at finding a master tuner around the area. We are the only tuners that I know of around the Long Island area for Autronic.

Good luck.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what does it take to fit a Tec III or an autotronic to a mark 3
supra?

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
330 Posts
There is a guy here in D/FW that runs an Autronic ecu. He has an 86.5 N/A - T convert with a GRacer front cover and runs HELLA wide Hoosier slicks for auto-x. I'll try & find his info...

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
330 Posts

·
I've been here forever.
2,555 Posts
skuzzah said:
what does it take to fit a Tec III or an autotronic to a mark 3
supra?
Alot of knowledge in base tuning, the entire computer setup, wiring knowledge and alot of patience.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haltech's programming software definitely isn't what it could be..

Tec III doesn't have the feature i'm after.

I'm preety good with wiring, tons of patience, and if I can get
some wiring diagrams of the computer, I can figure it out.

guess that makes it the autotronic :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Boostin88T said:
There are a couple around the Long Island area that are running E6K and one that swapped over to Autronic. We currently have two shop cars that are running Autronic and I am switching over to it after I hit horsepower goals with my current setup.

Autronic isn't the best overall standalone, the Tec III is, but depending on where you are located you might have a better chance at finding a master tuner around the area. We are the only tuners that I know of around the Long Island area for Autronic.

Good luck.
Please inform us, how is the Tec III the "best overall standalone"?

You would be pretty hard pressed to bet say a M600 or M800. Only due to I'm in Australia and MoTeC is VERY common amungst tuners.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TEC III is best for the trash can.

It's far from the best standalone.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i hate everything that even offers auto tune functions

1 - 13 of 13 Posts