Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last weekend's course was amazing! Definately one of the best Autocrosses I've ever participated in. It was a 90 second course, and I was able to hit just under 75mph in one of the straights. More like a road course than an AutoX. Had a blast though, and the pics are niiiiiice. Check 'em out...

AutoX Pic 1
AutoX Pic 2
AutoX Pic 3
AutoX Pic 4 - My Favorite

The Whole Gallery

The Supra did pretty good out there... I placed 7th out of 17 in my class for the day. The top 4 in my class consistently drive in National competitions every year. So I'm feelin pretty good. Another MK3 guy showed up who I had never met before. He has an '89 N/A and it was his first time to AutoX. I showed him the ropes, mentioned SF and all that stuff so hopefully we will start seeing him on the boards pretty soon.

Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: I just realized that the 6th place guy had me by .01 seconds!! GRRRRRRR :mad:

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,080 Posts
Damn Dave, you sure get the most out of your ride don't you!!! Awesome pictures, looks like you had a blast. You're right, the last pic is awesome.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
that rx7 is fuckin beautiful. i love it.

T

·
0 Posts
bah, i gave up auto-x when all the corvettes started winning (and never lose, dammit)

I hate corvettes more than i hate mustangs!! :mad:

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,151 Posts
GJ dood... I'll be out at the track more next year.. Didn't go this year due to problems and well... the sheer expense of burning of Bridgestone potenza's in well a few hr's...

Also I think my stock springs where better then the eibach.. The Eibach are too soft until you hit the harder part of the spring (not sure what you call it) My car leans way too much now and I'm not confertable going around corners half as fast since there is so much weight transfer now over the old stock springs I had.

·
Moderator, megalos ntabatzis!!
4,409 Posts
youre car is really clean David. Nice job placing so well too

Nevernz- thats a sweet open wheel go kart lol. How fast is it?

N

·
0 Posts
SuprAng said:
youre car is really clean David. Nice job placing so well too

Nevernz- thats a sweet open wheel go kart lol. How fast is it?
its fast, really fast, we have been pulling off the fastest time of the day lately.

but we have to run A mod, so we arent competitive.

its an SAE car, it uses a 600cc motorcyle engine breathing through a 20mm restriction.

but it will do 0-60 in inder 3.5 seconds and pulls close to 1.4gs on the skid pad

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
I have video of an auto-x event I went to, need to capture/upload it though :)

I'll get around to it sometime.

·
Registered
332 Posts
NeverNZ, Did your formula team ever get up enough money to go to Australia this year? Auburn's gonna be there. I was wondering if ya'll were going to be able to go.

Tim

1 - 20 of 40 Posts