Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed some people say the Apex AVC-R should not be used w/ a single turbo, why is this? Do they fail? I'm trying to convince a friend of mine to get a MBC... Anyone know if one MBC is better than another?

Ack sry its i the wrong section.

TIA
'97TT BPU+ 6-speed TTC

[ March 22, 2001: Message edited by: Grant ]

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had an AVC-R on my car. It worked well at BPU, but sucked when I went single. It allowed major boost spikes. I switched to the HKS EVC-EZ and it has worked perfectly. If your friend wants an EBC, this is the one to get.

C

·
0 Posts
I'm the one going single with the AVC-R. I was thinking that I wanted gear-based-control to try and get traction in the lower gears. I'm going with a small single, an SP60, so it wont be generating too much boost. I'm not upgrading the fuel system, so I am also ordered an HKS GT Wastegate so that I can set the boost lower to prevent me from running too much boost and consequently blowing my engine . Let me know what you guys think given these details. Thanks!

Jon

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree with the King on this one.
Running high boost MBC, the Street EBC.
So far my EVC-EZ is holding up. When it fails I will go to a MBC.

Lue

C

·
0 Posts
Argh! What is it about the AVC-R that isnt good for the single? I understand its a lot of gadget. I plan on running one boost setting all the time, so I dont really want the remote switch on the profec-b.

In theory, the AVC-R sounds great. I can set the boost level lower in lower gears to try and keep wheelspin down. Sounds good to me... what is the hidden print?

Jon
'94TT6 Soon to be single...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts