Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Canadian monster
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not going well, finished intalling my avc-r and it doesn't work.

when people say adjust your boost and duty cycle, play with the duty cycle until it's ok, do i have to adjust it in the boost/duty setting or in the scramble settings?

I put 0,95 kg/cm2 and started with 20% duty cycle and no matter what i do when changing the duty cycle, all i have is 10 PSI from the first turbo and when the second comes online, i goes up to 17 PSI, no matter if its 20% or 50% duty cycle.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks for any help

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Duty cycle is what increases the boost. So if you want more boost increase the duty cycle until you get your desired boost level.

For rerence I think my duty cycle is about 56% for 1.2kg/cm

The first turbo is ALWAYS goingto be 11psi until the second turbo kicks in. This is normal for every boost controller.

Also, my AVC-R runs much better since I did the spring mod. Just my $.02

·
Canadian monster
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn, so this is normal that get 10 psi on the first turbo, good to know.

·
Canadian monster
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, went to try it again and i set it to 0,6 kg and 20%, i still get between 8-10 psi in first turbo and as the rpm rises it is going up to 17 PSI.

What if i want to keep my boost at let say 12 PSI?

what am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Boost controllers can only INCREASE boost, not decrease.

Turn off your boost controller and see how much it boosts stock.

·
Canadian monster
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm ok well i tried that, i still got the same thing

does that mean that my minimum boost is 17 PSI? meaning i should not need a boost controler?

damn, when i was with the stock boost controler, i was able to get no less than 14 PSI but i though it was because the stock BC wasn't controlling well.

is it normal that i can't get under 15 PSI with the BC off?

what could be causing that?

·
Canadian monster
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all right, i thought about what you said and decided to try something else. I bypassed the solenoid, which means i was really with minimum boost and i am still at 17 PSI.

So my problem is not with the avc-r but with my wastegate, i'll do some search about this

thanks a lot for your help man

puma

·
Registered
967 Posts
what other mods do you have? So when running just a hose from the turbo to the brass actuator, and nothing else (you capped the bottom of the actuator or did you hook it back up to the wastegate vsv?

·
Canadian monster
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i capped one end of the actuator and the other end goes directly to the turbo outlet nipple, meaning that the wastegate see turbo pressure directly, it can't go lower boost than that.

I will have to do a leak test on my wastegate and maybe try to get bigger lines as i have used 3,5 mm hose, maybe if i try 6mm it might be better.

i'll try that and let everyone know.

Oh and my mods are BCC, DP, Greddy SP, open intake, removed trac butterfly and a lot of useless vacuum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts