Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon me folks, big Supra noob here.
I have an '89 single turbo, bone stock.
Was just curious what you guys are running at what mph in the 1/4 with just an intake and full exhaust.
Any other basic bolt-ons I should look into that aren't too pricey, downpipe?
This is just my daily driver, but it would be pretty cool to be low 14's in it.
I assume it's about a low 15sec in it's stock form.
Yes, I am aware of the search button, help me out eh. ..

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
With intake, exhaust, EBC I ran 13.7 @ 101mph.... with a 2.4 60

And its a auto.. =)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man, i really need to start readin' the forums i guess.
sorry for the lame-o Q's.

1. EBC = ?
2. What does removing the turbo elbow do?
3. Can a local shop that does tuning do anything for a ride like mine, and if so, what can they adjust?
4. Do i need a boost controller to up the boost, or can that be done at the shop too?

doesn't the stock turbo only put out like 6-7psi? what am i safe to, 10?
it has a low mile JDM engine and new head gasket, so i'm not trying to blow them up.

dbsupra - i'm a big bttf fan too, obviously.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
14.3 at 95 with 4 shims bone stock~ 10 psi
13.9 at 100 Filter full exhaust 10-11 psi and a slipping clutch

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
ebc=electronic boost controller, removing the turbo elbow, eliminates the elbow which gives you less back pressure, and gives alot more hp, or he could have meant get a new dp, i dont really think you have enough mods to get it tuned yet...and shimming the wastegate raises the boost, and a dp will to. Make sure the engine can handle the extra power before you mod of you will get a bhg. who knows if they actually are low mile jdm engines. prettty hard to tell, unless you strip it apart

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mk3smakemehappy said:
4,000 civic+ 3,000 swap+ expensive turbo= 13s

supra+ 1-2k in mods = 13s :)
you are mistaken about turbo civics, my friend is running 11.0 in his

those cars can be fast

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
^^ keyword "can' most people just rice them out :S but i had a vid of boostaddtcn supra running 13.5 i think, with only intake/exhaust and boost controller i think. Im not sure if i read it correctly, but if he did thats sweet

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
are 2.4-2.6 the 60' times i should expect?

i have a 3rd gen trans am as my fun car and i'm used to 2.0's, close to 1.9's.
it's amazing the difference between a low end torque car and a top end car like the supra.
but where my car falls flat and stops breathing at the end of the 1/4, i'm sure the supra will keep pulling as it does on the freeway.

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
13.8 @ 102 with custom intake, stock turbo elbo, 3inch open dp! horrible traction problems before that i was hitting a 60ft of 2.5 @ 14.3 102mph!

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
toyota_supra_1988 said:
^^ keyword "can' most people just rice them out :S but i had a vid of boostaddtcn supra running 13.5 i think, with only intake/exhaust and boost controller i think. Im not sure if i read it correctly, but if he did thats sweet
Yup I ran a 13.5 with just intake and exhaust with the wastegate shimmed, I had a hks boost controller on it but the wires got burnt up from the turbo... heres a video:

http://dziuggy.com/x/BAS-sac-3-26-2005.wmv <-- right click save as please, I did a [email protected] with a 2.2 60' I am going go back end of this month and see if I can do a high 12 :) aight peace :run:

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
sooo...wat do u guys think doing the filter- exhaust- downpipe...n shimming the waste gate without doing the headgasket is safe or....should i be concerned of that...i did my compression test n it came to 160 across the board....

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
no i havent actually! it seems i developed an oil leak, oil feed line copper crush washers with that banjo bolt! its not bad but something i dont feel comfy driving on! so when i do my MHG job ill replace it since i'll have everything off! in the middle of paint and body work with my car now so its sitting most of the time with an occasional crank up for a few minutes but im just tryin to get the car looking decent and then i'll worry with more speed! that was full weight btw spare and all! and i think i had a boost leak as well at the time! we will be able to tell for sure if i take it back out! also i had no boost controll either

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
When you go try for the 12 second run, BoostAddctn you gottta get it on cam, lol i want to see this. Thats an awesome run 13.5 with only those mods. Sweet, what color are you getting it painted justin? After you do the BHG what other performance mods you got in mind? jdmuscle, 160 across is good, you should be fine with those mods then. Just dont turn up the boost too much

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
i dont have a BHG but just gonna go ahead and change it out before it happens! keeping it the stock black metallic or possibly a black pearl! i got alot planned but ill try and get the most out of the stock ct before i upgrade the turbo! now i was gonna go with a 57 trim but bah with it think ill run with an sp of some kind! we'll let time tell!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts