Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Chii Racing Culture
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the AVIC D2 (double din) & i was just wondering for those of you who have used both or know anything about the D3, if there is a huge difference between the 2 units in terms of functions and appearance, etc. In addition a comparison to the Eclipse (double din) nav head unit.

thanks

Chris

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
you can't compare the D series to the Eclipse navis.

the only thing that the D series would possibly have that's better is a "cooler" looking navi interface.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
^:werd: Eclipse fo sho!

·
Banned
888 Posts
haha i told u so.........you'll see in a couple of weeks how the eclipse is. lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
My cousin just bought a D3 recently. There a couple key differences between the d2 and d3 such as you have to take the navi dvd out to play cds/dvds in the d3, since it only has one loading slot as opposed to the d2. Also i believe you can play divx files in addition to dvd movies on the d3, not sure about the divx part though. D3 you can also change the color of the illumination to go with the rest of the interior... Was trying to convince him for the Eclipse 5435 (i think that is) but he didn't like the appearance of it...

·
Chii Racing Culture
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i didnt see too much difference between the d2 and the eclipse version. To me it looked like different interfaces thats all. I like the d2 though.

·
Banned
888 Posts
haha, come into my work...i'll tell u

·
Banned
888 Posts
haha, i'll hustle u all i want....haha

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
i agree on the eclipse. I am waiting to buy mine. the only thing i did not like about the new D3 was that it only has one DVD slot. if you program the nav for a destination and then pull the nav disk out, you are stuck on that route, no auto-routing from there.

eclipse is also more expensive, but as i always say:
you get what you pay for

·
Banned
604 Posts
I bought the D3 chris same shit as the d2 and the same asmy avic n2 .I shoulda just bought the N1 on ebay for like 500 bucks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've been looking at the Eclipse AVN7000. Does anyone know if you can update the HD navigation data or if you're stuck with the preloaded stuff?

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
^ should be ubdatable.......(waiting for 88mkiii's confirmation)

·
1,924 Posts
i believe that you can update it, but i'm not positive.

I would steer clear of it at the moment personally

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
i believe that you can update it, but i'm not positive.

I would steer clear of it at the moment personally
haha!! +1 for Kenwood Excelon :bigthumb:

·
1,924 Posts
i would go for the kvt-819dvd w/ g510 nav over the avn7000

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
i went to look at navigation units yesterday and I learned some new things. On some of the units with built-in navigation hard drives, you have to send the hard drive unit out to be updated like the Pioneer Z3.

I looked at the new Panasonic Strada and was told it is very similar to the Pioneer Z3, with 3D navi interface. The 30GB hard drive is strictly for navigation, making it process a lot faster and when it comes time to update, an SD memory card can be purchased from Panasonic to update your system. The price is also lower than the Pioneer Z3 unit at 1800 dollars. Still very expensive, but another one to add to the list. Now I am more confused.

I am stuck between the Eclipse 6610, Pioneer D3, and the Panasonic Strada.

Any HELP???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts