Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We (Supertec Racing) are currently in the process of making a 4WD RHD Supra with 2JZ-GTE VVTi engine. The car is completely streetable, full interior, no drag or anything like that. The transmission is from a Lexus LS460 AWD, 8 speed AA80F strenghened up to 1000nm. Engine is stock at this stage.
I am using a genuine OEM TCM (transmission control module) from Lexus as well as other computers. Modified ABS sensors, CAN control module and other stuff. Transmission can be diagnosed via OEM plug.
The car has 3 Torsen LSD differentials, front, center and rear. Hope it will have cannon-like starts.
Transmission can be controlled from streering wheel paddles too but this feature is still has to be made. Paddles I plan to adopt from a Lexus IS-F steering wheel. Gear number will be displayed in the RPM clock.
We developed and CNC machined a bellhousing adapter, flywheel adapter and an upgraded torque converter (pics are below) to mount the transmission onto the 2JZ-GTE engine.
Transmission requires a lot of data from the engine, including 4 knock sensors data and etc. Electronic adapter boxes are being made to "marry" 1UR-FSE signals and 2JZ-GTE ones.
All other pictures, including front suspension will be released after we complete the car.
The car is planned to export to the United States after completion, so stay tuned. :)
I can answer any questions you may have.

·
...pop the hood!
948 Posts
subbed...

be interested to see how this turns out. what is purpose of bringing it to the us?

good luck with the project

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
what is purpose of bringing it to the us?
All the money are in the U.S. these days, unfortunately.

There will be another version with Getrag 4WD conversion. Now 3D modelling the adapter to mate a transfer box. Newer Lexus transfer box is easier to mate as it has no chains or clutches and no need for external oil pumps and other controls.
Considering it as a good alternative to R34 GT-R.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What is pricing looking
It's a technical part of the forum. Wanted to discuss modifications here, not selling anything.

Just the AWD components.
They won't bolt on. Sump was taken from Mark II JZX93 1JZ-GE and oil feed modified. Power steering gear must be moved a little bit to the front to allow the sump with diff to be installed. The front crossmember is made from tubes used in WRC for roll cages and etc.
Floor panel must be widened a bit to suit transfer box and front shaft.
The car will be sold as a complete project.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Well, to whomever buys this car, I would ask that they please bring it to Supras in Vegas, I'd love to see it.

The idea does sound familiar though, I seem to recall someone years ago (possibly also in Russia?) putting Land Cruiser components in a Mk4 shell. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The idea does sound familiar though, I seem to recall someone years ago (possibly also in Russia?) putting Land Cruiser components in a Mk4 shell.
Yea, TotalRace guys. They started doing it back in 2005. We met and spoke about it. I had this idea since 2001. Probably they got it seriously :) As far as I know they made a drag Supra with 1FZ-FE engine but I never saw it driving. Probably never been completed.

·
From the land down under
4,256 Posts
Nice work, Clrs :)

So great to see people doing stuff like this

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yea, TotalRace guys. They started doing it back in 2005. We met and spoke about it. I had this idea since 2001. Probably they got it seriously :) As far as I know they made a drag Supra with 1FZ-FE engine but I never saw it driving. Probably never been completed.
I knew there was a reason it all seemed familiar, but a bit different... I recall that car having a rather "unique" hood to clear the much taller engine. Would be a shame if it had never been completed.

Glad to see you working out an idea you had so long ago. I often have ideas that I quickly file in the "that's just silly" part of my brain, but every once in a while, I get to see one of those silly ideas come to life, and it's fun! :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
This is really cool. Subbed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts