Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would supras or rwd lose or win off a dig cus i always hear that awd is WAY better at launching and take supras or rwd cars i was woundering if this is really tru or kind of tru i mean i know u have better traction but i was cirious about why are all the drag cars rwd and do these good times and get great launches??? cus i hear people talking crap about how supras dont have any traction off a dig and its annoying!!!!

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
evo.

closed ftw

·
2007 FSAE World Champion
1,291 Posts
chrisfosupra said:
would supras or rwd lose or win off a dig cus i always hear that awd is WAY better at launching and take supras or rwd cars i was woundering if this is really tru or kind of tru i mean i know u have better traction but i was cirious about why are all the drag cars rwd and do these good times and get great launches??? cus i hear people talking crap about how supras dont have any traction off a dig and its annoying!!!!
wow....awd is normally much more consistent when it comes to launching. supras and RWD cars can launch very well (search ryan woon) but they are much more dependent on surface conditions and tires, a street tire(non DR) supra vs a street tire awd will have a hard time getting the jump on the AWD and would have to catch the car on the top end. I dont know my advice would be to go to the multimedia section and just watch some of the vids in there. awd is normally fast as fuck out of the hole while rwd cars normally are faster on the top end (with equal hp) and set up RWD can be just as fast out of the hole but they need to be set up for drag racing. end rant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.