Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given the number of a gentleman by the name of Brad Brooks in Lorton, Virginia by Vntperformance (Val) and boy was this a good find. I made an appointment with Brad to get some AEM tuning on my 74 GTS Supra because she was running really rich and had a cruddy idle plus the car would need to be started 2 to 3 times before it would stay started. I met Brad at his place in the 95 degree heat and we set off to get the car tuned. Brad was very knoledgeable about the AEM from working at Extreme Motorsports and let me say that he touched on everything from timing to fuel to auto shift points and much more. My car now idles like a stocker with the 272 cams and the turbo now feels much more responsive and the car feels more efficient and sharp even off boost. I'm so impressed with the new tune that I had to share this with you guys...Brad wanted me to let the Supra community know that he's available for anyone in need of good tuning. PM me to get Brads contact info.

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
glad to see you got your car str8! I live REALLY close to you, maybe we could meet up and chill sometime. let me know!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Brad's really cool. He tunes a lot of different AEM equipped vehicles, as well as SAFC's, etc.

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Your welcome Gary, but we should be thanking Mehran (Xi Mkiv) instead as he is the one that gave me the ##. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Brad is my dawg. He is incredibly awesome at tuning the aem and a lot of other ems' too. He is also very talented in the mechanical/engine building/tranny areas as well.

James

·
Low Mile ALPINE--11,000
500 Posts
Sweet! Im glad you got in touch with him. Ive told a few people about him but no one every listens to me! He's certified AEM tuner, and does great work as others have said . He did a built stroker (2.4) and aem tuning for a friends eclipse. good work and a really resonable guy.

Gino-- He can do it all!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Another bump for Brad..

He came through this past weekend for me BIG TIME at the DSM Shootout in Norwalk, Ohio.

My DSM had been previously tuned by one of the biggest DSM/EVO shops in the country, but the car idle'd like shit, and driveability couldn't have been much worse. It was also very sporadic under WOT as well.

Within an hour and a half or so, Brad had my car setup PERFECT. Idle'd like a new car, driveability was leaps and bounds improved, and WOT was ripping! After the 4th pass, the car set a new best of 11.9 @ 127, (FWD DSM) at only 23psi with lots of room to turn the wick up. However a mechanical handicap made me save the car for the 200 mile drive home instead of making any other passes. The car got between 31-32mpg on the way home doing about 85-90mph.

He set up a few very trick items under the AEM as well.

Good tuners are very hard to come by and Brad is one of THE BEST in the country by far. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I will never let anyone else touch my AEM except for Brad again.

·
Banned
2,499 Posts
Brads a good guy i know him personally and so do alot of my friends in the area. He does know quite a bit about his cars. He is very knowledagble with certain cars, especially DSM's! I didnt know he played with supras much, i know he is huge into the DSM crowd. Good guy though, used to work with him for alittle bit.

Ben Y

1 - 12 of 12 Posts