Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well to begin this story about november 2005 i was driving some girls home around the block from my house and i saw a 89 MKIII turbo, targa, 5 speed, sitting under some leaves, i stopped and got the number off the back and called that night, no answer for the rest of that week... i let it go... about 3 monthes ago i saw it again, stopped and knocked on the door, i found out a little about it, it was babied, the drivers side door rod had snapped and pushed in the fender but it was in good condition, but no keys. so the next night i brought one of the mechanics from my shop with me and we fired her up after sitting for 4 years... I PAID $ 1 5 0 . 0 0 FOR MY SUPRA !!!... i handed her the money gracefully and called the flatbed... shes still happy she "unloaded" the car on me, she won it in a divorce and its a 1 owner, only down side is 176,000 highway miles, ( the guy who owned it drove to arkansas like 3 times a year ) well i got it to my shop, changed the fuel pump, wires, plugs, fuel lines, new silicone hoses, and water pump, the supra is now in my driveway with an upgraded turbo, and im still working on it, it still needs suspension, exhaust, brakes, intake, blow off valve, intercooler upgrade, boost controller, gauges, and after all that, she`ll be road worthy, im doin all that in 2 weeks for graduation.... i got some pics of before and after on my car domain www.cardomain.com/id/scarface2jz wish me luck and tell me about your supra buying stories

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Great find.

Are you gonna set it up like to look like CJ's car?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not too sure yet, but i used his pic when i just baught it to give people an idea of the body style, but his is HOT.... im gonna do a graccer aero kit, whale tail, 7 spoke rims, and carbon fiber head lights and hood, black out the rears, and black out the side markers,,, im thinkin about converting my heads to be running lights and my running lights to be HID, what does a kit like that go for and where can i find it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
dayum dued nice steal , i was a sumass and sold mine while i was in boot camp and in the mean while the owner after me threw a rod threw the block and then i came back and helped put the new 7mgte in it and now im going to be buying it back woot, but great steal bro gratz

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
damn good steal! damn id be piss if i was divorced and some bitch just won my supra. haha

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
*BLacK SuPrA GTE* said:
thats not even a deal, thats a crackhead price... Good thing u didn't past it up!
:rofl:

nice find man! have fun with it! :bigthumb:

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
awesome deal you got on your car looks great!

so you want storys eh? Well when i bought my red n/a the woman said it had a BHG but it ran so we bought it towed it home, next day i started messin with it and started it first crank started right up revved out of control and i shut it off. So i get out and my driveway is flooded with coolant water oil mixture so we start it again and fix the rev problem and it runs for a good 2 or so min idling then it just dies. It didnt start since then took the head off last december and the #2 piston top was missing skirt and everything was still there whole top of the piston was gone and it still ran!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Zach90Turbo said:
Hey, your hat's on crooked
yea i just washed and waxed the thing and i was like half there when i took the pic, i was so tired, lol, plus it was like 98 degrees out that day, i was sweatin my bawls off

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
Lucky... :(

·
Gripless EGO
81 Posts
i got a story of when i bought my supras. i went to go look at a 89 prelude si for buddy of mine and the car was about 2 hours from my house. i got to the kids house and it was about 9pm and it was dark so i pulled out the flashlight, as soon as i did that i said hellllll no...the kid laughs, so i shook his hand and walked back my friends car...well as i was walking back the kid runs up behind me and tells me his brother is selling his car also....i was like hmmmm wat kind of car is it...he said a 240 or something so i got a lil happy. The car was under a car cover and the cover was stuck to the car because it had been sitting for about 3 years in the drive way. i yanked the cover off and wat did i find.......an 87 burgandy supra Na :sadance: we started it up and it started up perfectly after 2 cranks.. then i saw the "birdcage light" come on mmmmm well since it started up i offered 200 dollars for it and he called his brother and he aggred,we went back the next day and I drove it all the way home and found out the headgasket was on its way out. I wasnt even going to look for a car for myself but i was in the market. so i made out pretty dam good. I drove the car for about a 8 months after that it ran out of oil on the way back home one day from the street races and blew a rod. hah. so i bought a JDM engine threw it in and drove it for another 3 months and got into a car accident which destroyed the hatch. Turns out the guy that slammed into the back of my car while i was at a red light was watching a DVD in his car. well this is getting long so ill make it shorter . i junked the car and found a chick with another supra which was black with a blown engine and it had a HKS super dragger cat back on it. i asked her how much and she told me just pay me for the exhaust and the car was mine. welllll i said to myself shit that exhaust goes for 500-600 dollars ...so i asked her how much and she told me 200 dolllars....heheheh called the tow truck and got it taken to my friends shop dropped the JMD engine in it made it Na-T and nowI am very happy. lol sorry it was long but i thought those were sum good stories.

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
I have two stories. my friend got a supra and then i decided i had to have one. so i was looking for something cheap. was looking on AutoTrader and found and 86.5 Hardtop for 300 and i was like damn lets go look at it. So we go to tampa with the truck and trailer and looked at it and said DAMN IT NEEDS ALOT OF WORK. bought it for 300 found out it had a 1500 lean on the title still, but the guy charged me 75 for the title i believe so 375. not bad had a seized NA in it. got it home bought a full GTE swap from the same friend and he went 1J. got it running and still own it.

Second story is last week i seen a guy i kinda know from the local meets around here just got a 1989 NA 5speed targa. he asked me about HG and the usual n00b questions. then a few days later he says he wants to sell it for 500 but posted on a local board 900obo. so i looked at it and said 350 he said no. i said well i dont want it. well this past sunday i get a text saying 350 and its yours. i got on AIM and he said the samething. i said 200 and i'll pick it up in an hour. he said ok went and got it and its sitting in my driveway right now. for 200 bucks. 175 cheaper than my other one a year ago and WAY better condition. needless to say im very happy. just need to swap everything over now.

thats my stories and im stickin to em!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts