Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what sizes of bolts i need or what car i can borrow bellhousing bolts from to bolt up my 1jz bellhousing? my swap didnt have any bolts and i hoped i could reuse the 7m ones... not so lucky. help me out here. i want to get the engine bolted up and into the car this weekend if not running yet.

thanks guys
jeff

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm sure you could find some at ace hardware, I used some hardened ones for my engine stand and a few fit with the tranny on the engine.

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great... thanks guys.

josh... im trying really hard to get time to work on it right now. it is in the garage for the first time since i left propulshun... but my GF is movin in this weekend and i have 2 jobs and my grandad has been in the hospital.... needless to say im a little distracted. it will run this summer. and why the fuck is you car for sale now anyway!

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Im not leaving the community just getting a better 1jed mkiii, thats already done up to my likeing.....

Soooo dont worrie ill still be there and we can cruise around, like a bunch of biker gang members..The 1Jz gang.....:)

Ax

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good deal. although i jut encountered a whole new setback.. my POS may not even be back together this summer.... goin on 3 yrs now..... :wtflol:

·
Registered
923 Posts
boostjunkie89 said:
good deal. although i jut encountered a whole new setback.. my POS may not even be back together this summer.... goin on 3 yrs now..... :wtflol:
I know the feeling kinda, I started my 1jz conquest last year, then weather set in, and I stalled for 6 months. Quit my job, was broke for a while, but I wanted to get the thing going, so I blew my whole tax return on a haltech, sold another conquest which was my daily driver for a wideband and some other misc stuff. Just need motiviation to get the car going man. I was all ready to start the engine up for the first time today with my haltech, but its been raining the entire day, no freaken garage, and I dont solder in the rain...

Ranger, good to see you are sticking with a 1j mk3 :)

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i know the feeling i lost my job a while back and have been struggling to get by ever since... everytime i get close to catchign up.... something else pops up and im back at square 1..... car isnt even on my mind right now. i dont even know why i come on the forum every day. i love starquests by the way. so jealous of your pending setup.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
I got the bellhousing bolts from a 93 2jzge a/t if they are the same. If i remember right, theres 8 of them that connect the bh to the block? If i can sort em out of the bolts bin ( i got another engine to compare em to), they are yours for $20 shipped.

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the offer, but im just going to do some hardware store hunting today... get it sorted out. i need to give back the engine hoist i borrowed by tomorrow.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
boostjunkie89 said:
thanks for the offer, but im just going to do some hardware store hunting today... get it sorted out. i need to give back the engine hoist i borrowed by tomorrow.
Heck ill do $15 shipped. Remember to buy only grade 8 bolts if you go the Ace Hardware route.

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i know to get the right stuff.... now I just hope that its there... there are lots o places i can look though so i think I'll be ok. I will PM ya if i need those bolts from you though.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
We have this place called Daytona Nut and Bolt here in CFL they got it all. Im sure u got the same kinda places.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I got my bellhousing bolts from the toyota dealer and from the local hardware store, I believe there are 4-5 14mm bolts and the rest are 12mm. But its the same stuff as a mk4.

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
You won't find em at Ace Hardware or any other parts store like that. They only sell american Coarse thread bolts.

·
Registered
203 Posts
92SupraMan said:
I got my bellhousing bolts from the toyota dealer and from the local hardware store, I believe there are 4-5 14mm bolts and the rest are 12mm. But its the same stuff as a mk4.
eeks...how much did you end up paying for that mess?

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its in... i ended up using 5 12mm by 2" long bolts with washers from ace hardware and 4 10mm bolts off of the 7m belhousing.... but now my problem is the rear turbo inlets bolt head is hitting the firewall.... is my frame tweaked or something? i thought that was only a problem on the 2jz.... it went in and is barely touching... but nmow i gotta go in and fix that too. dammit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts