Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,223 Posts
sweet video... I wish I had guys here in Torotno willing to go all out like that :D

·
Your mom
382 Posts
haha whats better then constand 1mb/sec DL. Nice server

·
Super Moderator
10,167 Posts
Nice editing and soundtrack. What is the first song you play? its a vocal mix of something I know I've got somewhere and Its driving me nuts trying to find it, lol

Awesome work, seeing the 1JZ getting set into the freshly painted engine bay made me feel all tingly inside :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Very awesome video.. It wasnt even a sad film or anything, but it seamed to have alot of emotion put into it!!

GREAT VID!!!

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Very nice! Out of curiousity, did the bunch of you guys know eachother from somewhere other than the forums ... or not?

Did Ayzian just ask for motor swap help on the regional forums and you guys helped him like this?

It seemed that way since he was heading for a 5hour drive. Pretty cool if that's how things went down.

Loked god. Hope you are geting god at driving it Ayzian. Take care of yourself and the car.

When you get better at driving it, get some crazy vids for us to watch.

Best regards.

P

·
0 Posts
what program do you need to watch the movie because quicktime doesnt work nor windows media player?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hehe to answer some of your questions,

I met Mike on SF last year when I learned we went to the same school. I told him I wanted to turbo my old NA motor and he said we should pick it up as a summer project. After weighing my options, I decided the 1JZ was a better choice and I think in many ways I was right :)

Anyway, all those people there are people Mike know (his dad and several friends). The only other person in the video on these forums was Bryan- He owns a '95 APU Alpine Silver Supra and runs a shop out of his garage in Long Island I believe. He helped a ton with the motor itself, dropping it in, etc... Definitely impressed with his ability to adapt to working with a 1JZ.

It was great that we were able to get so much help. We ran into so many small issues but managed to get around them in one way or another. But we definitely did get a lot of input from other 1JZers on the forums, which was very helpful. For a first project for the both of us, I'd definitely say this went smoothly :D.

As for the 5 hour drive, our school is just far away from home for me :). For Mike it's only about 1.5 hours, which isn't bad at all. The car is actually throwing code 21 and 42 (O2 sensor and speed sensor respectively) and I've got a power steering leak which I need to take care of. A little time and it'll be okay, I think.

As for watching the video, you need the latest DivX codec. It is available at http://www.divx.com

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Cool. So basically ... none of this would have been possible without the excellent network of knowledgeable people tat forums provide. It is very god to se the rewards. Congrats!

Best regards.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
WOW! thats all i can say......awesome vid and a great accomplishment! enjoy and take care of that car! and get an 89+ wing ;)

props to whoever made the vid and obviously to those who created the car!

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To clear things up... I made the video :) I recorded most of the video (which was why I wasn't in it much).... I am danny's friend ... he came to my house to do the engine swap.

Im glad you all liked the video.. I was worried it might be a little long but I figured it would be also for my own memories so mise well throw everything in there. Its my 2-3rd attempt and making video... I'm getting there.... I'm always inspired by the redline series and of the big supra video. The first song in the video is unknown, but I have the mp3 if you want it. I ripped it off a cd I have.

thanks

mike

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
I thought the video was great. From my experience and my personal taste, I like a longer video.

The only things that I didn't really like were 1) that you couldn't hear what people were saying very well at all 2) that there wasn't more racing/burnouts/donuts/etc.

1) I thought was more of a technical/editing problem, possibly.
2) I can undestand as it seems that Dan is just learning to drive manual. *Still, you guys should have ripped it up for him ;) :).

All was great though. Very cool vid to add to my collection. Thanks again. Best regards.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Awesome video, I love getting to watch longer supra videos! It's almost inspirational in a way too, if only I had the time/money....
It was cool to see you guys go through the whole swap.

By the way, for those wondering, the first song in the vid is
Rank 1 - Airwave one of the classic old trance tunes. It's some sort of weird vocal mix though, imo the original is much better :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts