Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an az clutch and rps pressure plate and findenza lighten flywheel in my car.
I can barly drive it in the street with out going crazy with the wheel hop i get now when i try to take off slow in traffic .

well i recently started to get this clunk sound now from my drive shaft or rear diff. not 100% yet which one yet till i canget to a lift,
when im slowing down in low gears 1-2 -3 or taking off at times.

I spoke to a few guys that had this set up and they told me that they had the same set-up or one with an act pressure plate and they ended up killing there rear diff. they tell me my sound is similar to what they had befor there rear diff. went on them .
they told me the az clutch is no good for teh street since its just what i said on or off.

any ideas on my problem can i have the rear diff. rebuilt and how much is a used one and how much is a new rear diff.

thank you.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't comment on the specific problems you're having but I can say that the AZ is most certainly streetable. For the first handful of miles, it was definitely grabby -- took a lot to drive smoothly. But if you break it in properly (lots of shifts -- not just lots of miles), it's extremely slippable after a couple hundred miles.

I've found mine to be perfectly streetable, not on/off at all once broken in. I'm very happy with the AZ setup...very streetable and it holds the power. I am using a stock flywheel though which probably helps a little with leaving the line, having that extra mass/inertia.

-David
'98 6Spd

·
A Mile High
114 Posts
your gonna have to learn how to use that new clutch setup, .... you cant grany slip it like any other car any more, its on or off... just takes a little practice

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
mine was not streetable too on/off even after 1,500 miles
even melvin was cought by surprize how grabby it was .

slippable yes streetable here in NYC area not to much for me in traffic it was a [email protected]#.

i too had a similar problem with the wheel hop and all ..david i might need for you to look over my car and tell me what you think.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be glad to -- are you in a hurry though or can it wait a little while longer? I'm really swamped these next few weeks completing a merger at work.... I haven't even had the time for my own car as of late. :(

If you're not in a rush, I'm sure we can work something out... :)

-David
'98 6Spd APU

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
didnt mean to hijack the thread. sorry.

DavidTRD said:
I'd be glad to -- are you in a hurry though or can it wait a little while longer? I'm really swamped these next few weeks completing a merger at work.... I haven't even had the time for my own car as of late. :(

If you're not in a rush, I'm sure we can work something out... :)

-David
'98 6Spd APU
no rush .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts