Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

I just installed my new B&M and now it's MUCH harder to shift. It's not any harder to get the shifter into gear, it's just hard to move it backwards and forwards. Did I just over tighten the bolt under the car? Anyone else have this problem?

Also, I know I it's going to be a little harder to shift just due to leverage, but this is MUCH harder. My arm starts to get tired after I accelerate a couple of times.

- Andy

K

·
0 Posts
palsor1 said:
Hey,

I just installed my new B&M and now it's MUCH harder to shift. It's not any harder to get the shifter into gear, it's just hard to move it backwards and forwards. Did I just over tighten the bolt under the car? Anyone else have this problem?

Also, I know I it's going to be a little harder to shift just due to leverage, but this is MUCH harder. My arm starts to get tired after I accelerate a couple of times.

- Andy
there is definitely some wrong with your install. I have the B&M also its, night and day difference. Its smoother and glides into gears.
I don't know what you did but there's something up.Sorry i don't have the answer for you

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have also the B&M shifter and I can only say that is much easier to shift. The only problem is that the reverse gear are perhaps to hard if you adjust it with no tolerance for the 6. gear.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I got it - I did just have the bolt under the car to tight. I loosened it one turn and everything is normal. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts