Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, can I get Supra specific instructions of which wires to tap into for the B&M new volt coil unit? The instructions are a little vague. Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
200 Posts
Eric, good luck trying to get any help. I have the B&M Powerplus ignition waiting to go in but I couldn't figure out where to tap the unit in-line. Not sure of which wire. I posted on here but not a soul seems to know, or at least they didn't feel like replying. Well, good luch and let me know if you get any help.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Singled Supra,

Chris from Horsepower Freaks got me on the right track. I e-mailed another well known shop but he's the only guy who jumped through hoops to get the info. This is the way it goes. The black is of course the ground, the red hooks into the number one wire on the small (10) connector. It's the black with orange stripe. The orange is connected in the engine bay. It's a small green connector with two wires in it. They stand out. The wires are green and black with an orange stripe. Connect the orange wire from the B&M to that wire. That should be the ticket. I just tested it with no adverse reactions. I'll hook it up permanently tomorrow. Good luck.

Eric

·
Registered
200 Posts
Eric,
I believe you have the newer unit (20 volts) where I have the 18 volt one. I only have a red wire, black wire, white wire, and green wire. The black is ground, the green is used for if you want to connect a switch so that you can shut the unit off or turn it on, the red and the white connect to the wire that leads to the coils. I suspect that you just cut the black with orange wire that you say is in the 10 connector and attach the red to one end, and the other end to the white. Is this right? Which connector are referring to anyways, the one on the drive side in the engine bay? Thanks for replying with this info. Glad someone is willing to help. Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey man, I just got in from fixing my car. I think that the old and new unit are pretty much the same. Black is ground, red is 12vdc in, and orange is 20 vdc out. But don't do what I had said to do to your own car. I did it and my car didn't start all day long. I was frantically looking all over the board and shops for an igniter box because I thought I had blown it up. Turns out that I just blew the fuse under the driver side dash. I just got finished putting it all back together (without the unit installed). I called Angel from TitanMotorsports and and he said that there is a small 90 degree connector next to the passengers right ankle. It should be grey. On that is 2 black wires with orange stripes. He said one of those is the right one. After being without a car all day, I'm not willing to take a gamble on cutting the right one. Next time I go to tune, I'll have it installed unless I can get some concrete instructions. I called the B&M tech line and that was a waste of time. The product is generic so they don't help much. It's sitting next to my feet now.

Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts