·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rebuilt motor with .20 over forged pistons
Built tranny with a 4000 stall.
Upgraded stocker at about 20 psi
The usual other stuff.

It sure is fun to drive. I have to watch it off the line or the tires just break loose. My second run was a 13.4 @ 111, because I was spinning through 1st and 2nd. After I adjusted the launch it ran between 12.8 and 12.4 at 111-112 every time.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Nice work! Is that the factory optional sunroof? I just picked up another supra and have a hunch that my car might have the optional sunroof, just wondering if you have any better pictures of it or of the headliner. Once again, great times and it looks sharp!

S

·
0 Posts
too shiny for my taste.. but it looks awesome! i love your sunroof.. i would rather have that than my targa :|

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure if supra's came with a "factory" installed sun roof. I think they were installed at the dealership. Not 100% sure of that, but remember reading a post sometime back about it. I'll get some pics of the roof tomorrow.

Personally, I'de rather not have the sun roof. For one thing, there are two drain hoses that run from the roof to the trunk and piss out a hole in the rear fenderwell. When I first bought the car the hoses were just lying in the well and it was always wet. Now they are routed directly to the hole and siliconed(?) in place, so no water in the fenderwells anymore.

Secondly, because of the mechanism and hose, I think the headliner is a little lower then if it was not there.

Third is the wind noise. The sliding inside hatch is usually kept closed to try and reduce the wind noise.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After putting on RSR Down springs, I tried to get an alignment but all the bushing were froze. So..A-1 Racing to the rescue. All new control arms for the back and end links for the Suspension Tech. stabilizer bar.

Next will be some M/T drag tires and hopefully 11's

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
looking good looking good.
-sean

·
Registered
140 Posts
Crafty, looking good and running some decent times as usual. Haven't seen you post for a while, and thought you had left the MK3 drag scene. Now, I have some catching up to do to keep up with your times.

Ti

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words.

Trent: I seriously wanted to put some 275's on the back, but the sane side of me wants to be able to rotate the tires. I drive this car everywhere, all summer long. I will however be getting some tires for the strip. (I want a 11.??)

Born2drv: The tranny was built by me. Total cost to build the tranny twice and make mistakes and tear it apart about 30 times was around $1200.00. The experience and knowledge gained, Priceless. I now know the insides of the tranny very well. The first time was all original Toyota parts and it lasted about a year. The second time was blue plates and kolene steels. This is the second year and it's still going strong. Also put in MKIV clutches in a few packs along wiith thinner steels. The total cost to rebuild it now that I know what I'm doing would be $275.00 in parts, probably $400.00 labor. thats assuming there is nothing wrong with the tranny. Most tranny's will need new pressure plates in a few packs. These are only available through Toyota and they came on a slow boat from Japan and cost about 75.00 apeice.

The torque converter is done by a local shop for $100.00. Even with a 4000 stall it is still very drivable on the street. The info is in some of my previous posts. A quick serch should give you the adress of the shop.

Poi dog: Catch me if you can!!!! Better hurry, slicks are going on this year(Can you say 11's) and a intercooler next year

Dennis.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
looks good! it did lower your time, a little bit. im sure once you get used to it, you will see more improvements

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rims and tires were around 1400. The suspension parts are all from A-1 Racing. I think it's A1racing.com

·
Registered
140 Posts
Dennis,

Yep, I'm trying to catch up with you and hope to get into the 11's as well. There aren't too many guys that stick with the auto and still run those decent times. I flaked a little and opted for a 1.5jz engine this year instead of the good 'ol 7M, with a single turbo and still keeping the auto tranny. Just had it done this week and yet to do the stall but I'm anxious to take it to the track for a few test-n-tune runs. Good luck to you and looking forward to seeing some 11's sec time slips from you.

Ti

1 - 20 of 20 Posts