Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I must say I just visited Vancouver for my birthday and it was a blast.

I would like to give you guys some impressions I had.

First off, you all drive like maniacs. From every single light, if you are near the front, everone takes off as if they are racing. I was in awe of how you guys drive; way faster acceleration.

Also, it was a very beautiful drive; a lot of the time I was doing about 160 Km/h but it was still a fun drive.

My fiance had planned a trip for me up their for my birthday and we ate @ the spaghetti factory in Gas Town; what is it with the blinking green lights? Are they always like that?

You guys have so many more choices on your menu then on ours. We maybe have like 12 dishes you can choose from; and all have a plain description of the food. While yours doesn't really describe the food but more is down to business and tries to get your attention.

Also, it was the first time I was able to order alcohol with dinner. I should have asked you guys what would be an ideal drink for someone who doesn't like to much liqour taste but I went with a purple craze martini(I think that is what it was called) and it was awesome. My fiance had a long island ice tea; which after only one was completely out of it.

We stayed @ the delta by the airport, very nice but no pool; had a work out room but didn't find out until the morning, and you have to pay for parking!!!!

The entire time I saw 2 police cars; the rainbow on the side is very effective in giving that 'down to business' approach!

All in all, it was a good; fun trip.

Hopefully I will be able to come up for a meet of some sort as I didn't see one supra; however you guys have more Lexus/benz/BMW's then I have ever seen. Probably more BMW's then honda's. Also, on the way back I saw a BMW.. it was an... 830i? It had pop up lights and looked pretty slick. Had british plates. First time I have ever seen one of those before..

Anyways, awesome country! The whole vibe from everyone down there was very friendly.

~Kyle

·
Registered
317 Posts
Too bad you didn't stay downtown. There are some awesome hotels downtown and great restaurants too. I usually stay at the Fairmont and then just walk everywhere. I am a big fan of Virgin Records downtown. Always find time to browse there for a couple of hours! Vancouver is one of my favorite Canadian destinations. It would be so cool to drive the Supra out there.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
nothing like crusing downtown at night in a supra :D

useless fact: someone once told me that theres so many little restaurants in the lower mainland that you can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at a differant one everyday and do it for something like 2 years until you start repeating restaurants

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Hey Kyle, It's Kyle here also.

Glad you liked it, you'll find alot of crazy drivers downtown to the 20m dash to the next red light.
If you want some real beautiful scenery the drive from abbotsford to chilliwack and beyond is the best i've ever seen (if you like green mountains) It's the best with the top off on a sunny day and you look out the targa and there's a mountainlol. That's crazy you only saw 2 police cars, hope you liked them, I build them as a job.:D

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Primer flat black/ 86.5 / Tinted lights/ stock black saw blades

L

·
0 Posts
Nice to hear you enjoyed our country.. more lexus's Bmw's than anywhere else?? have you ever been to Road Island?? so rich they are..

Canadian west coast owns US

check out this site..

torontosupraclub.com

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol i swear everytime i drive, i see like 5 cops and whenever im behind them they always put there flashing lights on and turn down streets :lol: but yeah thats bc for you. you should have gone to richmond, i swear every car i saw had HID's and the ones that didnt had there highbeams on when they were driving behind me lol. alot of nice cars in richmond, i saw a white mk3 yesterday with stock sawblades turning onto king george hwy off 72nd. i thoght it might be somoenes off here? it sounded pretty sweet

·
Registered
87 Posts
Disced said:
Hopefully I will be able to come up for a meet of some sort as I didn't see one supra;
Suprafest '05!

One of the best parts is the group cruise from Vancouver to Kelowna. The Coquihalla is definitely a fun highway.

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would love to go on a cruise with supra's again... However, the recent 'racing' ticket I received has left me feeling not in the mood to drive spirited; however maybe by then I will have gotten over it.. who knows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts