Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i went out to cecil county today. i only got 2 runs in cause ther was like 3 oil spills on the track and things were running really slow.

i was running open down pipe and CAM2 110 octane fuel. :):)

I REALLY NEED TIRES!!

here is the first run
60ft..2.4
1/8 mile 8.8
mph 89.9
1/4 13.1
mph ..116

second run

60ft. 2.4
1/8 mile 9.2
mph..87.69
1/4 13.5
117mph

as yuo can see i have hella topend. this SP61GT turbo is a monster. the first run was on 20psi and the second one was on 21 psi.. i really wanna take it up to 26psi.; but it pointless right now. on the second run i had to left off and get back on it due to my backend almost going out on me.

i have a feeling i'm making close to 500rwhp.. the car is an animal. i just need a good launch and better tires.

any reccommendation on tires???

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
With 116-117 mph trap speeds, I see low 12s in your future. I've been running 13.5s as well, but only at 106 mph.

·
Registered
358 Posts
ya i would think with those traps u would be running 12's 500hp and mid 13's doesnt seem right to me.

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
malloynx said:
ok so i went out to cecil county today. i only got 2 runs in cause ther was like 3 oil spills on the track and things were running really slow.

i was running open down pipe and CAM2 110 octane fuel. :):)

I REALLY NEED TIRES!!

here is the first run
60ft..2.4
1/8 mile 8.8
mph 89.9
1/4 13.1
mph ..116

second run

60ft. 2.4
1/8 mile 9.2
mph..87.69
1/4 13.5
117mph

as yuo can see i have hella topend. this SP61GT turbo is a monster. the first run was on 20psi and the second one was on 21 psi.. i really wanna take it up to 26psi.; but it pointless right now. on the second run i had to left off and get back on it due to my backend almost going out on me.

i have a feeling i'm making close to 500rwhp.. the car is an animal. i just need a good launch and better tires.

any reccommendation on tires???

I don't get it.........does the SP61GT spool THAT fast? I have the full SP61 kit with the better turbine housing and larger A/R, yet I don't break traction for squat........granted I'm not tuned, but I'm on BALD tires. I get 1 bar of boost by 4,250rpm.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
What is your rear alignment settings? I have mine with almost zero negative camber. (As little as possible, the cams are all the way out to allow the rear tires as flat a tread patch as possible.)
The front settings are like stock, but with slightly less negative camber there too. (Hate wearing out the wider tires on the inside edges, and these tires grip so well, the negative camber seems pointless.)

I'm running 285/35 18 Goodyear Eagle GSD3's, and they grip really well, but could be roasted at will in 1-3, and could be broken loose in 4-5 with damp roads, or uneaven pavement. Boost would come on pretty quickly, but not as fast as a CT, but not much slower.

13's are dang fast for a road car. Don't sweat it. With drag radials, your going to run a solid 12 for sure.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I should have told you not to use street tires with the SP61GT at high boost. Its not only going to make it hard to drive, but its also dangerous. Last year(running only 18psi) on street tires my tires completely broke loose after my 2-3 shift with my car fishtailing at 65 mph.

Your mph looks about the same as mine at 20psi. When I ran 24psi last year I hit 119mph, but my car was overheating with a BHG, so it prpbably would have been over 120.

I can get 1.9 60fts with my 225 Nitto DR's on 300zx rims. I could let you borrow them if you are ever in the area.

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
those are some crazy times, im only running like 15.4 and i was depressed but then again i have a crappy non turbo mk4 lol. Good job and get some tires and show us the 12 second slips!!! :bigthumb:

Matt

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Yeah its funny how when you start making lots of power, our heavy cars don't like to move nearly as much as our rear tires like to spin.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MRSUPRA said:
I should have told you not to use street tires with the SP61GT at high boost. Its not only going to make it hard to drive, but its also dangerous. Last year(running only 18psi) on street tires my tires completely broke loose after my 2-3 shift with my car fishtailing at 65 mph.

Your mph looks about the same as mine at 20psi. When I ran 24psi last year I hit 119mph, but my car was overheating with a BHG, so it prpbably would have been over 120.

I can get 1.9 60fts with my 225 Nitto DR's on 300zx rims. I could let you borrow them if you are ever in the area.
that would be great.. yea i know my car will do 125mph+ i just need better tires and more boost

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
your best bet is a pair of slix (ET streets, etc.) or MT DRs......or @ worst, BFG DRs. don't waste your time w/the nitto DRs, there's no comparison.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea, drjonez. i had a set of BFG'S on my camaro and i cut cut a 1.6 60ft spraying a 125 shot out of the hole and still dead hooking. tires are next on my list.

·
Lost in Dawg-land
550 Posts
Definately a low 12 second car if you can hook it up. Well done.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts

mickey thompson et drag radial.

better than any street tire or drag radial. actually car craft or one of those did testing and the et dr cut better 60' than the et streets. i am never quick to recommend full slicks to anyone. if you have never driven a car with slicks it can be a handful in a hurry.

on a side note- congrats on the times! thats a very nice mph. just get those 60' down and you'll be in the low 12 range. keep at it!

dave

1 - 20 of 41 Posts