Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just came back from the dyno at precision auto in fresno, ca. hes running a dyno dynamics dyno, not sure exactly which model. i know its good for 2000rwhp.
my basic setup is cp pistons .020 over, eagle rods, clevite bearings, ported head/hks 264 cams, stock PORTED intake manifold. PT76GTS, 4" turboback without cats/mufflers, tial 44mm gate. 2x walbros, -8 line split into 2 -6 lines into titan rail with pte 1000cc's, aeromotive fpr and filter. th400 setup using gm style converter with auto rear end. hks dli ignition and ngk bkr7e-11 plugs gapped at .024.

we started off sorting out boost control issues, turns out my gate came with a 22psi spring instead of the 1bar spring i ordered :/ seeing as boost was at 22 psi i didnt want to risk anything with piss 91 octane so we drained all the gas and put in 116 sunoco gas.

working through a bunch of issues i got in a total of about 20 pulls in. i wont go through all the details but what we ended up with is this: 450rwhp through a 4k stall converter at 22psi and ~12degrees of timing. we also stopped there because the car wouldnt rev over ~6400 rpms under load. after talking to several tuners we came to the conclusion that the aem box need to be sent off to AEM for a resistor to be soldered in. from what i gathered the HKS cams timing sensor tooth is too short which sends the timing floating around in the upper RPM's because it loses signal. confirmation on that will come from AEM tomorrow when they return my call. also my aem gauge style WB02 sensor went bad i think because it doesnt read lower than 14:1 afr, but reads leaner than that :/ so we just had to go by the dyno WB.

we got our fuel curve dialed in pretty well so once i get this timing issue resolved im going back to the dyno to dial in more timing and fine tune everything.

a little side note about this dyno. a friend of mine with a GT42-77 made 540rwhp at 18psi on this dyno, then that same day they went to a dynojet nearby and made low 600rwhp, i forgot the exact #. also this being a th400 setup with a pretty loose converter im pretty satisfied with the #'s, not to mention that we couldnt go above 6400 rpms which robs me from power too.

i have the dyno charts, just need to scan them and ill post em either later today or tomorrow. if anyone has other ideas about the rev 'wall' im all ears :) (all rev limit settings were double and triple checked and were not the cause of the brick wall)

going of on a bench race seems that at least 700rwhp should be possible with ~34psi and more timing, but only time will tell!

im exhausted, time to take a nap :1poke:

·
Boost Junkie
12,672 Posts
How is the rear end holding up;)

Glad to see you finally got it on the dyno. Take it to a dynojet and see what it puts down.

Steve

·
Banned
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so far so good!
once i get the aem issue sorted out ill take it back to this same dyno to tune it and then slap it on a dynojet just to make a comparison pull. hopefully by this friday, at this point everything depends on AEM.
as it sits right now if it were a 6spd that would be at least ~600rwhp, i figure, unlocked loose converter+dyno that reads about 20% lower than a dynojet would work out around that. but we'll know for sure once i actually do get it on a dynojet.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Seems kinda low to me.

My 1JZ made 450 rwhp/rwtq on 94 pump running 1.4 Bar on a 61mm and still using AFC. It was 5 speed though. Does the TH400 really rob that much power?

Also are you really Russian?

·
Banned
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, im really russian.
yes the th400 robs a lot of power.
this dyno also reads a lot lower than a normal dynojet ppl post #'s from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts