Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got back from xotic motorsports and i'm a bit pleased, but also a bit upset..

i hit 369rwhp and 379rwtq. the curves are perfect and the a/f is dead on. i'm going to post the graph later. the shops' printer was down so they have to email the graphs to me. i paid 50$ and got 6 pulls and with the afc-2 i was able to gain 50rwhp!!!

i know my setup has way more in it. i didnt go past 19psi cause i didn't have race gas and was on 93 octane. i'm going back next week and i'm going to blow this turbo up.

also the washers worked really good and the boost held good all the way till 6300 rpms :)

here is the kicker i made this much power through a cat and a crush-bent exhaust with a 2.5inch muffler on the rear.

stay tune for more number and i will post the graph as soon as i get it.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Change your EXHAUST!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one question. on the way home i was hitting fuel-cut pretty bad at 19psi, but i wasn't hitting it on the dyno. also the LEX screw has never been touched (all the way in) should i back it out??

also if i back it out, will this affect my a/f ratios. righ tnow there dead on.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
malloynx said:
one question. on the way home i was hitting fuel-cut pretty bad at 19psi, but i wasn't hitting it on the dyno. also the LEX screw has never been touched (all the way in) should i back it out??

also if i back it out, will this affect my a/f ratios. righ tnow there dead on.
was cold outside?

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
What turbo?

·
Registered
461 Posts
"also if i back it out, will this affect my a/f ratios. righ tnow there dead on."

Yes, it would affect your A/F ratios. The reason for this it is allowing more unmetered air in causing you to lean out more.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

BA

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes it was pretty cold out tonight.. probably in the lower 40's

kevin, right now im running an upgraded stocker with a 60 trim wheel no clip.

my sound performance today should be here soon. i trying to max the ct-26 out. before my new turbo gets here:)

·
make that blkGT4294 LOL!
827 Posts
Bobbyfali said:
"also if i back it out, will this affect my a/f ratios. righ tnow there dead on."

Yes, it would affect your A/F ratios. The reason for this it is allowing more unmetered air in causing you to lean out more.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

BA
Just curious how NOT moving a screw allows it to change the way an airstream is affected?

You might find that engine load is another factor to consider.

-Nick
'91T

3,796 Posts
If you are hitting FC @ 19psi you might have a small boost leak. Nice #'s though. :)

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
yeah man, I wouldnt touch that screw unless I richened the safc2 back up.

On a side note, you can pick up a wideband o2 for almost the cost of a dyno session - so you could just tune it on the street.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
You hit fuel cut because you or the tuner didn't compensate for "real world" conditions. When you get a car tuned correctly on the dyno, it's always smart to richen it up just a tiny bit to compensate for real load on the street. The car will run leaner on the street so when most tuners (the good ones) will tune your car, they will richen it up just a tad after they get the curve right.

·
SC61 Powered 90T
847 Posts
i would like to see how much your power would jump at open downpipe. why would you try and max out a turbo with a cat and 2.5inch exhaust???

·
the clever guy
782 Posts
Trent said:
You hit fuel cut because you or the tuner didn't compensate for "real world" conditions. When you get a car tuned correctly on the dyno, it's always smart to richen it up just a tiny bit to compensate for real load on the street. The car will run leaner on the street so when most tuners (the good ones) will tune your car, they will richen it up just a tad after they get the curve right.
:stupid:

Get rid of that muffler!

3,796 Posts
Trent said:
That shouldnt affect FC like that. If the tuner didnt richen it up after the tune on the dyno than the FC would be HIGHER than if he did richened it up. To richen the mixture he would be scaling hte KV signal up more, bringing in FC sonner. I still think its a boost leak. :) Thoughts, opinions?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts