Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What;s up fellas, Finished the 5-speed swap! I'm using the w58 tranny and centerforce dual friction with my 88t. So far so good, I'm hoping to eventually get the r154 but it's all i could get for now. I have one question though, Sometimes when i'm commin to a stop the car will stall when i push in the clutch and the brake. I have been downshifting to keep the revs up but i was wondering if it's because i am using the auto ecu? Should i try to locate a 5-speed ecu, i have the one from the NA that i used the tranny from, should i use that? Oh and by the way on that note, the NA is white with blue interior and it's headed to the junk yard cause my folks are anal about the driveway so if anyone would like some parts let me know soon. It's an 87.

Oh and i have a Nitrous Express wet shot kit that my dad won't let me use so i'm looking to sell or trade it for some parts or rims.

Thanks for all the help you guys gave me while i was doing the swap

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Nah, the NA ecu wont work. Its probably a different problem. Something like the throttle plate closing to far or the dash pot needing to be adjusted (likely).

Congrats on finishing the swap! And dont worry about the NA tranny, it will more than likely handle anything you can throw at it (short of a turbo upgrade;))

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, i was worried about the trannys strength, and umm... what is the dash pot, is that in the dashboard somewhere
and i will check the throttle, thanks again

·
Boost-a-holic
555 Posts
yep im runnin the w58 with act six puck and heavy pressure plate... ct 26 60-1/10 clip lex and 550s it holds great and if it makes you feel any beter ive heard the 58 can be more reliable anyway...what do you want intrade for the wet kit???

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)

no shit, that's what i like to hear. you got some serious upgrade compared to me and if your fine then i think i'm straight. everyone i talked to before told me not to go with it. alanflies I'm basically looking for any performance parts for the mk3 as i'm stack and stuff like 89+ tails and front bumper, or possibly some wheels:)

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Dont worry about the W58 unless you start making a lot of power. A friend of mine has been running about 300rwhp through his with a 6 puck and hundreds of races and hard launches on 275's and he had no problems with it. An it has ~180k on it too.

The dash pot is a part that prevents the throttle plate from slamming closed when you let off of the gas. It will instead slowly let it close. If the plate is closing too fast, the engine may not have time to comensate and it will be choked and stall. There are instructions in the TSRM for adjusting it, or you could probably find the same by searching here on SF, but this should get you started: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=123287&highlight=adjust+the+dashpot Look at Shawndudes post (at the bottom).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts