Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would i cost to buy a new left back panel and have it painted and fitted on the car. Does anyone know?!?! Thanks! (1995 mkiv)

·
Registered
857 Posts
The labor costs will exceed the cost of the part. From what I've read, it's very labor intensive to replace the rear quarter panel.

·
Registered
391 Posts
blackNAsupra said:
How much would i cost to buy a new left back panel and have it painted and fitted on the car. Does anyone know?!?! Thanks! (1995 mkiv)
If you are actually talking about the back panel, it's one piece and is an easy job for a bodyman. Drill out the spot welds and tack in the new piece. Now if your talking about the 1/4 panel, Moogie's right about the cost....more than the panel itself. You were pretty vague in your above post..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: back panel cost... HELP!!!

ATLSUPDAWG#2 said:
If you are actually talking about the back panel, it's one piece and is an easy job for a bodyman. Drill out the spot welds and tack in the new piece. Now if your talking about the 1/4 panel, Moogie's right about the cost....more than the panel itself. You were pretty vague in your above post..

Well.. it got backed into and it is scraped/dented a bit.. does that help? do i need to replace the whole thing?

·
Very Senior Member
10,069 Posts
Re: Re: Re: back panel cost... HELP!!!

blackNAsupra said:
Well.. it got backed into and it is scraped/dented a bit.. does that help? do i need to replace the whole thing?
can you post a pic? Maybe it can be fixed.
Mine is being repaired - see
here for the before pics.

·
Digital DNA
353 Posts
From the way you are describing it, it sounds like your rear quarter panel (the panel that is below the back window on either the left or right side). Unfortunately, you hit probably the 2nd most expensive spot on your car (cosmetics wise), the only place that would be more costly to repair on a uni-body car is the actual roof.

The rear quarter panels are spot-welded on uni-body cars, which will require cutting/drilling off the damaged panel and re-welding a new panel. The labor charge is going to be through the roof. Expect to pay probably $1500 minimum to get this fixed, and most likely more. When my car's rear quarter was hit, I was quoted anywhere from $1600-$3300 for repair. Luckily, I know some real good people and got an awesome price for the repair.

If this price is out of your range, your best bet would be to try and make buddies with someone who works at a well known and trusted body shop. YOu can also try smooching them, saying that you will help promote their business, or something to that extent. Also, another pointer, anybody who says they are going to use a "cutting torch" to remove the panel, DO NOT let them work on our car. Any more questions, feel free to PM me.

-Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts