Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the HKS SSBOV and am pretty much strait BPU. The turbo's were stuttering when I got off the throttle at midrange boost levels (>.5 bar). I loosened the screw but it still stutters a little at negative boost levels when I get off the throttle. Is this bad for the turbos even at negative boost? How loose should the screw be for a strait up BPU auto? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Put the stock bov back on the car and run the two in parallel with the HKS screw loose all the way... That noise you hear is compressor surge, where air goes back against the blades of the turbo in the opposite direction. That should help... Andi B. runs this way.

WinglessTurbo said:
I have the HKS SSBOV and am pretty much strait BPU. The turbo's were stuttering when I got off the throttle at midrange boost levels (>.5 bar). I loosened the screw but it still stutters a little at negative boost levels when I get off the throttle. Is this bad for the turbos even at negative boost? How loose should the screw be for a strait up BPU auto? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
I am Bpu+++ and have the HKS SS Bov welded onto hardpipe and run it in parallel with my stock one. Just leave the screw as it was when you bought it and run it with the stock bov. I have never had any type of problems running this setup.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, that sounds like the way to go, but......Dusty kept my stock one when he put the HKS SSBOV on. I don't have the stock one anymore to weld back on :( Is it bad to run it with just the HKS?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep in mind HKS SS is a pull design. Meaning the valve comes backwards against the boost as it's coming out. Set it too tight and it will cause a fluttering effect. You can set it much softer if you buy the re-route kit and put the air back into the intake.

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
It will not hurt your engine or your turbos, it just might make you feel a little weird on light acceleration. If you notice... it is not noticable on hard acceleration.

-Bartel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts